Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Birthday that Wouldn't End and a Visit to Faux Bridgerton

I'm sorry. This really is the last birthday post.  Be prepared for LOTS of photos. 

It started on the actual morning of my birthday. I am not a morning person.  Yet, when I hear my daughter's car in the driveway, I get up, put on my robe and make breakfast for children. Grampa puts them on the bus.  My eyes were not in focus so I did not notice it was a little earlier than usual. I did notice some chaos in my living room and figured out that I was seeing the backs of three heads of similar sized people with similar colored hair where there should only be two.  

My oldest daughter (and my granddog Gary) drove one hour and forty five minutes to arrive at my house with donuts. My youngest daughter stopped at Dunkin for coffees and my 10 year old granddaughter (who is their height) and her little brother each brought me a dozen roses!  It was such a sweet surprise! 

He actually used a gift card from his late mother. Red Lobster and the Outback closed last week in that city and he is letting go of gift cards before anymore have to close. This was Texas Roadhouse. 


My husband took me out to lunch.  Because of time we ended up picking up fried chicken on the way home and fed the school people and ran uptown for the homecoming parade. The kids are big high school football fans.  I needed to get home for my beauty sleep because my best friend since 6th grade was taking me to a faux Bridgerton activity for charity. 

I was the lucky recipient of so many flowers that I was starting to think it could be a funeral parlor. 

Saturday started with thunderstorms which did affect the festivities. We waited an hour before arriving to wait out the storm and missed a Harlequin Production in a carriage house theater. In our defense, we never did get a real schedule of events. This was the first time this event was planned and things were a little confused.  Several people told us to go to the indoor Merry-go-round, but the doors were locked. We aren't sure if we missed it or went to the wrong door. This is a picture from Facebook so someone found the entrance. 

The same thing happened with ballroom dance lessons - we couldn't find the door. These videos were from the final presentation. 


There was a scavenger hunt of five shops to get a card stamped. We found one shop, the second had closed between the time the tickets were printed and now and it referred you to another location and we could not find any further locations. There was a card with the names of shops, but not street names.

The tea party was to be held in the garden and moved to an indoor public location.  The actual tea was a little sparse. 

We were directed to the fountain for photos but found that our middle ticket level did not include a photo. A very nice young man of about 10 years volunteered to take our photo with my phone and refused the payment we offered him. 

It was great fun walking around the downtown area of a city we were obviously unfamiliar with (see above) and we almost got the lay of the land.  We stopped at one of the many establishments for a refreshing cocktail. I enjoyed the "white diamond" while my friend sipped a "viscount".    

We did end up in a parking garage with murals and a temporary stage in time for the finale - a concert by the symphony orchestra and awards for (I believe "best dressed" and "diamond". 



I will now inflict a zillion photos of attendees upon my dearest readers. 90% of attendees were women.  My favorites were the two young couples, the young lady who was very pregnant whose sweet young hubby wore a waistcoat and accompanied and participated in everything with her and the other young mom, also in a blue dress, who was escorted to all activities by her husband in a shirt and cargo shorts and pushing or carrying her little son.  What good sports and how romantic!!!




And I have to mention that, as we were walking by the fountain, a large group of moms were taking pictures of a large group of young ladies in sequined mini dresses they were wearing to the homecoming dance.  One of the mom looked at my friend and I and yelled out -
"I know you - you are the Famous Birthday Girl."  I think my photoshoot made me famous. 














I wish they had had these two ladies step apart. This really was my favorite dress and they arrived separately. It is just gorgeous. Fun they met up for a photo.  

The charities that benefited from the ticket sales were a local theater and an organization which is assisting high school girls in hygiene and sanitary supply kits. 

This concludes my second costumed event.  We are not going to attend the huge Witches Walk in the neighboring city.  We have our tickets to my town's Witches Wander in October so I will be back with another dress-up event, lol. 

15 comments:

  1. Okay this has been the girliest blog I have ever seen, not this week or month, in my LIFE. At the same time, I would expect nothing less from the amazing Miss Merry. ๐Ÿ˜Š I've been waiting for a birthday followup and boy you don't disappoint! By the way, your daughters have gorgeous smiles, I love their dimples! I also loved Mr.Merry's burger pic I think that one was for your male readers like me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Your tea outfit was terrific and loved all the flowers, you had quite the day but you were worth it! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Miss Merry, I would have found that last event a bit confusing... but I'm sure it was fun. Love your pictures. And sounds like you had a wonderful 'continuing' birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun. The photo with the two in the same dress made them look like they were sharing the dress. I've never watched that series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, dear Miss Merry! Everyone looks amazing, beautiful dresses, smiles and outfits!
    Great views, and the food looks pretty good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miss Merry! I love what your family did for your birthday - you are loved!
    And Bridgerton is a hit for sure. So fun to see all those beautiful dresses and kudos to the men who dressed up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun, you have a wonderful family and so much fun! Wonderful dressing up. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life is so full of love and joy! Such a wonderful birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen Bridgerton but it certainly looks like a fantastic time! And how lovely to spend it with such a good and long-lasting friend. What fun. And even better, the surprise visit on your birthday. That's a hike to get there -- super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure know how to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, happy post! Everyone looked great and will have lovely memories. Thanks, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your comment on my blog that your postcards haven't arrived. Here's an email address Moms Rising provided for questions postcards@momsrising.org. They asked that postcards be mailed between 10/9 and 10/14 so there's still time to write your message. They gave suggestions and I modified and combined a couple of them. Hope you get them. All mine are headed to NC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday!
    I love the dresses. They are all so pretty and everyone looks like they are having a good time. That looks like a lot of fun. I enjoyed all your pictures.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun birthday. Glad you got to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so nice! I love all of your pictures. I always enjoy high tea here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!