Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Leaves Table

Here is a picture of my placesetting from last week.

We now have the son and daughter-in-law rehearsed, decorated, wedded and celebrated and they are sunning themselves in the Dominican Republic!  And in the middle of all that - I actually set an ENTIRE Autumn Table!


We will start with the table. Bill featured a "rustic" table last week. Mine is VERY rustic. I am not sure about it's absolute beginnings, but I know it spent at least fifty years residing in the breakfast nook adjoining my gramma's kitchen. It is a maple table, built in the style of a picnic table and does have two matching benches. It sits four comfortably and was such a perfect fit in the nook, I would not be surprised to find it was made for that spot! The top is one solid piece of maple, or at least it was until about fifteen years ago when it traveled to my house. It now has a split that keeps growing, but I love every inch of it! I bought the placemats several years ago, I think at Big Lots.

My dishes are my Pfaltzgraff. Since I have no time or inclination to cook this week, and because we are still feasting on leftover beef and chicken, I have filled the plates with teeny tiny miniature gourds and pumpkins that helped decorate tables at my older daughter's wedding five years ago. I placed a few silk leaves between the layers of the plates and sprinkled the rest on the table.

The metal napkin holder with leaves was purchased several years ago on the clearance rack at our local Hallmark store.


The sunny yellow pottery creamer and sugar bowl were my grandmothers. I borrowed the chair from my Raggedy Ann dolls and the scarecrow was a bingo door prize from Thanksgiving. The only way I can get my family to play games is if I award prizes.

The candle is apple scented and I wish you could catch a whiff!


I think I might have gone a little crazy here. I am not sure if I have a creative tablescape or whether it resembles a leaf pile where children have been jumping.
 





I am linking to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Please visit at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/  I can't wait to see all the Autumn tables! And I can't wait to start decorating for Halloween!

And with Colorado Lady at  http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/2010/09/vintage-thingie-thursday-vintage_29.html  for Vintage Thingie Thursday.

27 comments:

  1. I'm the first? How fun.

    First, let me say that I love that table itself. I'm so fond of rustic/primitive/whatever you want to call old pieces like that, especially family pieces. I have my own grandmother's table and CHERISH IT.

    Love the tablescape too,and you made me giggle about children jumping in the leaves. So funny.
    Love all the colors that you chose and the accent pieces too. A great fall table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful table! I love the mini gourds and pumpkins and your fall leaves. How pretty!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get major points for tablescaping the week after your son's wedding! And I remember feasting on wedding reception leftovers for several days after our daughter's. Your table looks very festive for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur table is a true treasure! What a joy it must be to sit at your Grandmother's table.
    Colorful and full of autumn goodies, this is a real tribute to fall!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fall table with the green, gold, and orange. At first I thought the gourds in the bowl were marzipan candies, but on second look, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty table with all the leaves. I think old tables are the best kind to have. they have energy and spirit their younger cousins do not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great table and story! I love it when people share the background of their pretties! You have way more energy than I do, I just finished a wedding too! Thanks for sharing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. Some great ideas. Thanks for posting such a bright and colorful display.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red, green, and yellow (amber) plates combined. Love the little gourds and pumpkins on the plates. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love those bowls filled with the tiny little pumpkins and gourds! Your table is quite festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to both families and to the happy couple! LOVE the chargers in this setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After all the wedding celebration, I'm impressed that you had the energy to set a table at all. The leaves sandwiched between the dishes is a clever touch. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty plates. The colors are so rich. They really go well with the festive gourds. I have one crazy gourd growing in the garden. Wish that plant had been more prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure how you had the energy to even think about setting a table after your wedding but it certainly is festive. I just love all the colors and just screams fall.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fall table...loved it! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well the table itself is phenomenol, the more rustic for me the better. You have done a spledid job with the tablescape. Everything you have chosen is beautiful.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you arranged a tablescape just after a wedding! Bravo to you!!! You are truly amazing.....
    Your festive tablescape is beautiful! I love all the colors. I love the comment about children jumping in the leaves. It brings back fond memories. Your table should be cherished. It is what family is all about...memories! Thank you for sharing...I hope you will rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty, pretty wherever I see.


    Happy TS Day!

    Greetings from a chilly Stockholmer,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fall is here! Beautiful blend of colors for your table!

    Rainey

    ReplyDelete
  20. We can all tell you had so much fun putting this fall table together.It was fun looking at it.What a joy ,thank you.Your amazing me doing this after the wedding.After each of my four daughters weddings I could never have had the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes ,I love your Grandmothers creamer and sugar bowl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miss Merry this is festive and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this table and everything on it. I would gladly jump in that pile of leaves. This is so beautiful. I am away from home just now and I can't wait to get home and jump into that pile of leaves box marked "fall". Job well done. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your Pfaltzgraff. Those colors are terrific. Pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I just came across you blog! Love it!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for your visit. Love all of your FALL!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a pretty fall table you have set in the midst of such a busy time too!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry