Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baby Shower Preparations #1 - Favors

We're expecting! Another grandson will be here soon and we are so excited. My daughters and I are planning the shower and I thought I would share all the preparation with you.

Our first post will show the favors. To start I painted 40 clothespins baby boy blue with Apple Barrel paint
Next I created some labels, printed them and attached them to brown paper lunch bags.
We are holding the shower in an adorable coffee house in a nearby community, so I thought the labels were very appropriate! 
Next, I gathered the "filling". I found individually packaged cappuccino mixes at the Dollar Store, along with these little baby blue bags to package some tea. I love the saying I found for the label on the tea bag.  I colored the "HE" part of the candy so you would remember that we are expecting a "HE"!
The clothespins were dry, so I decorated them with white polka dots by dipping the end of my paint brush in white Apple Barrel paint and dotting the clothespins.
Okay, I thought those came out pretty darn cute!  I inherited boxes of miscellaneous from my mother, including lots of vintage paper doilies. I just happened to find this unopened package of 40. I folded down the bags, folded the doily in half and attached it to the top of the bag with a clothespin.
I hope the guests enjoy them!
 
Stay tuned for more Baby Shower preparations and the Big Event!
 
I am linking to Masterpiece Monday at Boogie Board Cottage!!

  and with the Tablescaper at
 
with Wow us Wednesday's at Savy Southern Style
 
with the Most Popular Tablesetter at Between Naps on the Porch

10 comments:

  1. So cute! Congratulations on your new "brewing" grandson! I know how excited you are! Just got a new granddaughter myself! Found you at the Tablescaper link party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty decorated sacks. The treasured doilies make them extra special. I love your Easter table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! The best to all of your growing family !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and clever!

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable! What a perfect favor bag for a baby shower:) love the addition of the vintage lace doily and the polka dots are sooo cute! All the best to: soon to be mommy and have a wonderful baby shower:)~hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute! Love the clothes pins.

    I am working today on some ideas for a baby girl shower that is an Alice in Wonderland theme. I am trying to figure out how to get the tea bags into the box template I just got online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Metz Wine and Gastronomy Exhibition post! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baggies could be used for many occasions.Love them. I am also partial to your ruffled dishes.Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly awesome preparations and really loved them. My sister’s baby shower I attended last year at local event venues Chicago was equally awesome. She had spent quite a lot in organizing it and was very happy that everything went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very beautiful idea for the baby shower party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry