Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas Dishes

 The minute I saw these Better Homes and Gardens plates that everyone is putting on their tablescapes, I knew I had to have them, too.  They were not in stock so I ordered a package of six matching plates on line and picked them at my local Walmart. On my way back to the service desk, I saw they had received more. (Of course). I know I do not need anymore dishes or any more Christmas dishes, but I just could not resist. My plan was to just put them on the table and pretend they had been in the cabinet all along. Foiled when I opened the box to show them to a friend and left the opened box on the table for my husband to see. 
I decided that I could not have the plates on the table without a toy red pickup truck carrying a Christmas tree as a centerpiece. I have been a woman on a mission. Today alone I visited 9 stores. Either no one sells a plain red truck or everyone else thought of it first. I did find two possibilities, but both were more than I wanted to pay. My last stop of the day was Rite Aid drugstore and what should I find but the EXACT replica of the vehicle on my plate!!!! And 50% off - with tax the cost was $10.70!!!   I am so happy!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I bought them for my friends and now I cannot believe I didn't get them.... ha ha on getting caught. that sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss those at Walmart? They are perfect and just what I would want too. I hope they bring them back next year and the truck! You were meant to have it and it does match your dishes exactly! I have never been crazy about any Christmas dishes but I am now that I've seen yours! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry