Friday, February 2, 2018

The Great Big Home and Garden Show in Cleveland

We have always wanted to attend the home and garden show and since my husband retired last July, this was the year! There were lots of beautiful flowers that really brightened this cold February day in Ohio. 
It was an expensive #RetireeRoadTrip. Tickets are $15 each, but I was able to find them through a local drug store for $12 each. Parking is $10. Basically, it was $34 to get to cross the windy, snowy parking lot and get into the door.  
 I
 We walked down this walkway and, VOILA, it was Spring!
 However, the beach was closed. I didn't take any pictures of the wonderful water features. With eight grandchildren aged 9 and under, we do not need puddles to splash into mud!
 Tulips! Most were buds as this was the first day of the show.

 There were lots of these open structures for your yard. This one has a light feature of wine bottles. 
 Most of them had a fireplace on one wall. 

 Most of them had a large dining table of some sort. They must replace these daffodils daily, they don't last long here. 
 Loved this ballerina sculpture. She was about 20 inches tall. 
 These are paper lanterns, strung to look like grapes. It seemed each display focused on wine. I guess a lot of people are sitting in their yards drinking wine. 
 This display had a pipe that I figured out was the neck of a tipped wine bottle. They had tinted the water a reddish hue. 
These wine bottles were about 8 feet tall!   
It was a little disappointing that all the displays from different vendors had the same flowers, yellow daffodils, the blue hydrangeas, and red tulips. It made the exhibits all kind of run together. And they were all very similar. Stone walls, a long table, a covered rectangle, an outdoor kitchen or fireplace. 

I guess my yard with a fairy garden and hopes of an outdoor model train are hopelessly outdated.  I will try to be back tomorrow with a look at more of the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry