Saturday, September 26, 2020

Susan Branch Zoom Tea Party with Titcomb's Bookshop

 

Was it a Christmas Tea in honor of Susan Branch's new Christmas Book? Or a tea party celebration in honor of my birthday? Hmmmm

I was hoping to make it a Christmas Tea. But I got very involved in a pantry escapade that I will blog later and Sunday snuck up on me.  I was going to make Christmas cookies and snacks, but again time slipped away. 
Somewhat impressive? Ah, but the true story.


Maybe not as impressive as it looks?


Chicken Salad from the grocery deli on white bread, crab salad from the grocery deli on toast and leftover coleslaw from my daughter. 


My assistant chef decided she wanted to make a baloney sandwich with mayonnaise and some Ritz crackers instead. 


Lemon cake courtesy of Pepperidge Farms refrigerator cake, Chocolate cake courtesy of my daughter in law, an exquisite cake baker and berry mini muffins from a 99 cent mix. 
The lovely Susan Branch, sharing some family pictures at the beginning of her book talk. 

The lovely owners of Titcomb's Bookshop who encouraged Mr. Joe B. Hall to make an appearance, too! 

Behind the scenes: The piles of home school materials and a large boxes that my grandchildren were using to create a playhouse. 

Dressed to party! My granddaughter wore her coat and dress from the Nutcracker Ballet last December to join me on my special birthday. Can you guess which one? 


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! One year passes to another so quickly! Love your hippie photo:) I won't guess but I hope it was a special day...your Grand is ever so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the poster 64!! You young thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea was so fancy! What cute table service and yummy food! I wish you a happy birthday... I guess 17th? Except that is too young to have such adorable grandchildren. I know you have a lot of fun... Grammas with big cardboard structures are the best. What do your grandchildren call you and your husband?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I’m so glad you left a message on my blog today so I could find yours! What a special time with your granddaughter. I think it’s wonderful to have a grandma that will do special teas and I have cardboard boxes in her house. Thanks for coming to visit me.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time you had with your grand daughter... It is times like this that I miss having grandchildren....Especially since I was a Mother of 2 sons..a grand daughter would be nice... Happy Birthday to you!! Love the poster!!! Wink, Wink!!
    Thanks so much for all your visits and kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry