Wednesday, November 11, 2020

So Scared for Our Country and Our World

 My county has been averaging 1-10 cases per week. My state had numbers under 1000 a day.  This week we have sky rocketed to 20-30 cases per day and over 5,000 cases state wide. Today we were at 6508 cases in one day.  Today's death in my county included a girl a year behind me in school. She was healthy and fit and contracted the virus two weeks ago. In my daughter's county, deaths included a 4 year old. 

Two of my sons have lost their jobs when their positions of over 15 years were "eliminated" along with their pensions. 

My youngest daughter was sent home from her teacher position to quarantine for 14 days (with my grandchildren) as her co-teacher has tested positive. Our state has limited testing so her health department is calling her daily for a temperature check and symptom report. 

My youngest son, a law enforcement officer, has tested positive with symptoms. He and his family are quarantined for 14 days with his children out of school. Fortunately his wife is already teaching virtually. 

My oldest daughter, a nursing professor, has been recruited to help administer a vaccine if one should be found. Tonight I heard that the good news on the Pfizer vaccination is that it lasts at least a month and doesn't hurt you even if it doesn't work. 

Here is one of my quarantined grandchildren social distancing shortly before becoming housebound. 




5 comments:

  1. Very similar signs and numbers here. Many friends have tested positive. Same in England and other European countries as I have former students there, and they are shutting down again or deciding to go for herd immunity...... I will pray for your family, and please do the same or send positive vibes our way. This will end as other pandemics have done. "Hoping for the best."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that so many that you know and love are being affected by this terrible virus. I don't think there is anyone in the world now that is completely untouched by it in some way. As you know, my brother died from Covid back in May. I keep praying for an end to the contagion.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no so sorry to hear that two of your Sons have lost their jobs. That is really scary...and with Covid my goodness you are under some stress...I shall be praying for you and your family. God hears all prayers some are not answered the way we want.
    Our numbers are way up too... we have to be extra careful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our County which is considered one of the most populated in NEPA has been averaging over 119 cases per day with PA hitting an all time high of over 4000 cases yesterday....2 well known area physicians recently passed away from Co Vid...My son Joey's last day of work is Friday but it is not because of Co Vid,. it was because of a company take over 2-3 years ago...He was fortunately given a great severance package where he will get his full pay for 6 months...He works in IT so we do not doubt he will have any trouble getting a job. My niece was also exposing to co vid while working at a school. She tested negative...I am so sorry to hear of your family's hardships because of this and am saying prayers for you and your family......Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind remarks....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sory to hear of your sons losing their jobs, etc. My niece (CNA in rehab facility) and nephew in law, both in their mid 20s, contracted covid and my niece had rough bout but now both recovered. My area was one of the 1st hotspots last spring and while our numbers were lower, they are slightly going up too. While I miss seeing friends and family too, I would have no problem bing in my own little isolating bubble to stay safe. Unfortunately, I like many others can't do our work from home -I sure would if I could, though. STAY SAFE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry