Friday, August 27, 2021

I am not happy.

 


This is from our local newspaper today.  

I live in a county with a 39% vaccination rate the last time I checked. And the age group with the lowest vaccination rate are those aged 20-35. 

Most places I go, I am the only person wearing a mask. 

Our county fair was held last week. We had a full fair this year with no masks and crowded grandstands. A neighboring county is having their fair this week. 

We live by the lake and one of the islands is having a big country music festival this weekend. Last night 10,000 people came for a Blake Shelton Concert. I saw the pictures. I did not see masks. 

Classes begin at our schools on Monday and the parents have been protesting at school board meetings that their children will not be masked. And masks are not required at any of our local schools. 

The paper also gives daily numbers of new hospitalizations. This wave has a much higher hospitalization rate.  And we have had several deaths too. 

Our 45th Wedding Anniversary is coming up.  I have moved from a party, to maybe a quiet dinner out (early, so we would be able to distance in a restaurant) to ordering curbside pickup at a restaurant in another city (our town doesn't have a "restaurant" and I would like more than burgers) and bringing it home to reheat. Woo hoo. 

I'm cranky.  We stayed home. We distanced. We wore and continue to wear masks. We signed up for a vaccination at midnight on the day we were able. We got our vaccines.  I have a closet full of hand soap and sanitizer for our continuous handwashing with ourselves and our grandchildren. We have disposable masks and sanitizer in our cars. Yet we are being held hostage by our neighbors and relatives and even our fellow church members who refuse to get vaccinated. 

My next door neighbors who were not vaccinated and did get Covid recently are doing better after their infusion therapy.  Better enough to be posting anti-vax propaganda on Facebook again. 

Another neighbor who was ranting on Facebook (we don't go out so that is how we keep up with the world) that she refuses to wear a mask to work and no one will make her, now has a son who has Covid. She would like prayers for him. 

I agree with John Pavlovitz.



8 comments:

  1. We (Israel) are one of the most vaccinated country in the world, and yet we're close to disaster. So, no need to talk about hostages.
    Masks are terribly important; sadly, kids who are big spreaders of the virus don't wear them. Parents should be hold responsible for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad...I am not sure what will make them get the vaccination...I don't get it...such stubborn people. Are they blind? Don't they care? Stay safe...I fear it will get worse before it gets better:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand totally. In the UK people wore masks and I didn't hear any complaints. In Washington this last week, people wore masks because it's the mandate right now, but most complained bitterly. Here in Nebraska and Iowa it's rare to see anyone wearing a mask except for employees at SOME businesses. Most of the schools aren't wearing them either. Piper wears one every day, (Mandy is an RN and sees the fallout of Covid), but very few others in her class are wearing one and it makes her ask why she has to.
    We just heard that a good friend lost his brother today to Covid and one of Dennis's cousins has it. We suspect another has it but hasn't been tested. Scary times. I know from losing my brother last May, that it hits indiscriminately.
    I'll continue to pray that people will come to their senses before it's too late.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masks are now required in our schools by our Governor...But many Fairs and festivals are still going on...There is a mix of masks and no masks in the stores but more are now wearing them to church which I still will not go to.We are about 65% vaccinated her but it is not enough.even people who are vaccinated are contracting covid.I stay in mostly and I am happy doing so...Joe is the one who hates it...Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments and stories! I do so enjoy reading your comments!!! Stay safe, my friend!!!
    Happy Anniversary!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned FB,,,Send me a friend request...A link to my FB page is on this blog....
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping you have an anniversary party of your dreams. This is a terrifying virus with repercussions that will never stop.. I read and read articles and reports.... only to read in 24 hours that something different and opposite is now being reported. Society is not behaving well at all... and the idea of all these kids with no protection and no masks... so glad I am retired! But I hate to think of your grandchildren and all my friends with little ones at risk... I agree with you about all these fairs and festivals... what are people thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me mad but then it makes me sad and I am tearing up over the situation that we find ourselves in. I do not recognize these people....they're not the Americans I used to know. They cry about big government but they still have their hands out when disaster strikes. They have no conception of what lack of freedom means and they won't take a vaccine but they'll injest bleach or horse wormer....Huh? I don't understand and they are an embarrassment to this country. There are people in other countries who would love the opportunity to take the vaccine. I'm so sorry Miss Merry....Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for visiting again!! Now with school being back in session, I am sure that the numbers will be going up even more... Especially with college football games where thousands are being crammed into stadiums...Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry