Monday, May 2, 2022

We Have Set Sail!

The Queen Mary 2 has set sail for England! I am checked into my imaginary cabin and we enjoyed our first dinner in the Queen Mary Lounge corner of my living room. 

We  began the evening with a glass of real champagne! 


Our appetizers were "Shrimp Cocktail Shooters". 


Followed by Steak Au Poivre, Chateau Potatoes, and Steamed Spinach. 


For Dessert, we enjoyed Chocolate Gateau.

I was completely wiped out with all this cooking. I did go ahead and bake a few things ahead, did a little preliminary cooking for the next day and got some things ready for breakfast.  I was pleasantly surprised that my husband is playing along and sitting at the "table for two"! 

5 comments:

  1. You set a beautiful table! The food looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful table and the food looks delicious. I hope you were able to enjoy it. There were times during holidays when I would be so tired from cooking all day that I didn't even want to eat it! LOL! Your presentation was beautiful too. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just commented but it didn't look like it took it so here I go again. Your table setting was beautiful and so was your feed presentation! I hope you you weren't too tired to enjoy it. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like so much fun! I'm impressed at all of the work you're doing to go on your cruise. The food looks delicious and so well presented. I'm glad your husband is going along with it all. Fun times ahead. Bon Voyage!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! How fun is this??? I am sure you are tired but think of the great memories you are creating!! Hats off to you!!
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry