Sunday, July 1, 2018

Leviticus 19:34

Leviticus 19:34
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

This article is from my hometown. It makes me sick to my stomach. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-ice-raid-a-12-year-old-us-citizen-adjusts-to-life-without-parents/ar-AAzp5s6?ocid=spartanntp

The trailer park a few blocks from me is eerily quiet. The park which is located between us is normally filled with children playing all summer. When I drive by, it's empty. 

I hear rumors and then find out they are true. One boy quit eating and was taken to the hospital and died. His obituary was in the newspaper, but it did not mention the cause of death.  I heard there was an attempted suicide. People are afraid to call for help. 

I attended a march where a young man about 15 years old spoke. He was born in this country and has lived here all his life. Both of his parents were taken away. He expressed surprise to see people of all ages and races at the rally. He said, "I don't want to be racist or anything, but I thought I would only see Mexicans here, I did not think there would be white people. So many white people yell at me to go back where I come from". He told of a donation made by his teacher so that he could pay for minutes to talk to his mother who is being held at a facility out of state. 


1 comment:

  1. This hurts my heart. Thank you for sharing it. We would love to ignore it, but we just cannot, should not, must not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry