Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Bedroom Set has Arrived!

This lovely sight is the deliverymen from Ewald Furniture delivering my Amish-made bedroom set. I had ordered it in mid-April and it was supposed to take 8-10 weeks. Since I had previously ordered an Amish-made dining room set, I know that handmade, custom furniture takes it's own sweet time. My target date was (hopefully) September 1. This was a nice surprise!
The new bed, bed springs and mattress. We did not account for the height of the frame when we ordered sky high mattresses! I have to use a small stool. But so comfortable!
These are the nightstands. They are wider than the look and the drawers are deep, too. They are the bomb! I am using them as additional dresser drawers. 
I switched the drawers. I which I had done it when they were delivered. Even empty and with those pads underneath, it was like pushing semi trucks. My husband has the taller one, I have the one with the most drawers. 

New bedding.  

This would have been an all star day for my grandchildren - furniture men in the house! But there was competition. In January we were awakened to fire sirens at 2:00 in the morning. Our neighbor's house, right outside my kitchen window was on fire. Unfortunately the family of three passed away. 
Finally, seven months later, the insurance company and the bank have gotten their act together and were going to tear down the burned down shell. The night before my furniture delivery the family and neighbors held a brief prayer service and balloon send off on the property. 


The grandsons of the day were only four and two. They had no memory of the tragedy and were just excited about demolition. They had front row seats with their lawn chairs in my side yard. The garden in the circle is a memory garden. I think that story will be my next post. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bedroom set. They make such nice things.
    I didn't know about the fire. How awful. To look at it for so long and remember had to be heartbreaker no. So sorry about the lives lost.
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bedroom suite! Oh, my, so sad about the fire.
    Your pie crust recipe is intriguing me right now. What a productive baking session!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry