Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday? Or Every Day?

 Yes, it's Saturday. I know this because there are no toddler grandchildren here for the day while masked mothers teach in hybrid classrooms. I slept in because I could. I made "brunch" because we skipped breakfast. When I linger too long for breakfast, I usually make egg sandwiches with ham to cover both meals. This also means I will have to start thinking about supper since we will want to eat earlier. 

I am still in my pajamas at 1:20 p.m. Originally I thought I would make breakfast and shower.  Then I started watching grandchildren at a closed swim meet on zoom.  I asked my husband if we had any reason we were leaving the house this weekend and we couldn't think of anything. So now I am questioning the point of the shower or dressing. 

We are headed toward the one year mark of staying home. I think I have moved from boredom to feeling imprisoned to the dark hole of never going out again.  Even driving out of town for a curbside meal delivered to our trunk seems like too much of a bother. 

Two weeks ago we did a grocery pickup. I dressed up and did my hair for the trip. The kind people at Aldi put the groceries in the back of our vehicle while we sat face forward. I even wore make up. 

But I am one of the lucky ones. We are retired and don't have to leave our house. We have spent the past 42 years turning our starter house into the house of our dreams (which right now is two recliners in front of a television set . . .) We haven't been sick. We have not lost a member of our immediate family to the disease. We have lost friends and extended family which keeps us cautious. 

So here I sit in my pajamas at 1:30 on a cold, but sunny Saturday watching grandchild sporting events on Zoom. 

6 comments:

  1. No one is sick and that is a blessing. Somedays I just want to stay in my jammies all day...I have not worn makeup in over a year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I put my clothes on today just in time to change back into my pjs. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I do get dressed every day and put a bit of makeup on. Before having to leave our son's dog out 5 days a week while they work, I sometimes did not get dressed until 11 am or noon. But now, since I have to leave the house every morning about 8:30 am, I am up and dressed with makeup o at least 5 days a week....I have to say that I do feel much better doing so. It gets me motivated....And I physically feel better...Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get dressed early for grands who are at home for school. Days I don't have them, I hop in the car and head for the mountains. I am by myself mostly when I go out like this. It's good to get away, get a bite then head back home. I always carry a bag just in case I decide to stay somewhere for the night though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get up and dressed by 7:00 to take Chloe on her walk...except on weekends when Dennis takes her and then sometimes I don't get dressed and shower until a bit later, but I'm always awake early.
    Today we went to wash the truck and put our voter ballots in the ballot box at the library. I asked Dennis if I had to get out of the car for anything. Nope. So I wore my slippers! I've never done that before. I think we're all either going to be overdressed when this is all over, or we're not going to know HOW to dress! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was working, I spent many weekends in pajamas. Now, I make myself get dressed every day no matter what, just in case. At least I feel like I'm ready for the day and anything that might could happen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry