Thursday, April 20, 2023

Growing Up So Fast

Sometimes I don't post because of the complicated manner I use to transfer photos to my laptop.  Sometimes I don't post because I don't have anything nice to say. And most times I just don't have time.  But, today, I just wanted to share. 

Yesterday was my youngest granddaughter's birthday and she turned 7. I don't know how that is possible. She is my youngest daughter's daughter and I have cared for her nine months of every year while mama teaches fourth graders. Now she goes to school with mama and plays before and after school in rotating classrooms of teacher moms and dads who have to be there early and stay late. 

But for her actual birthday, she wanted to come to Mimi's house. She likes to plan ahead and I was receiving orders for a few days. Yesterday she went to school and I hit the stores. I stopped at Dollar Tree for balloons, gift bags and paper plates, I stopped at Aldi for chocolate milk, bread and butter, then IGA for chocolate ice cream, orange sherbet, pink premade icing, and fresh vegetables for  a tray.  

I dashed home, took a shower, made lunch for hubby and two preschoolers, dressed, packed my to-do bag and went to sit in our church office for 4 hours. 

I had already baked 4 - 4 inch cakes for her to decorate when she got here after school.  I had pre-browned ground beef so she could make her specialty - Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni. 

She loves to pour the hot water, milk and seasoning packet and gently stir the mixture. She put the clean, cut vegetables on a plate and we put softened butter in little pink cups. 

It was the birthday party she wanted with two of her favorite cousins, an aunt, her baby brother and mom and grampa and mimi.  I just love her sweetness and innocence and wish I could hold on to these moments forever! 

7 comments:

  1. It's such a sweet time and it just doesn't last long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Merry ,lovely post you are right the littlies grow up so fast ,sounds like she is going to hav3 a wonderful birthday,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww such a sweet post about a sweet little gal! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to a sweet little girl. You are a wonderful Grandma to go to so much work to make her birthday extra special. I think the arrangement for the children to play in their parents classrooms after school is a great idea. They are still close to the kids and saving daycare money too.
    Take care my dear friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful granddaughter and you made her that way of course her folks did too, but it sounds lovely to have kids like that in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome day you had with her! Our oldest is about to turn 4 and everyday we have with her is a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a wonderful Birthday party for all! Thanks so much for all your visits and kind comments...Glad you enjoyed my train club post...It really is something to see....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry