Monday, May 22, 2023

End of May

Another post of pictures.  I have just started a new project. Because another one of my super powers is to start projects. I am praying for another super power, the one to finish projects. But meanwhile . . . 

Blah, blah broken arm. It is hard to lift dishes up into cupboards. And during the month of May I have been dropping my Pfaltzgraff on to the floor at an alarming rate. I decided to 

1. Empty my kitchen cupboards

2. Wash the insides of my kitchen cupboards

3. Reorganize the insides of my kitchen cupboards so that the lightweight dishes are easily in reach. And, while I am at it, move the pantry items back into the kitchen cupboards, then move my craft supplies on the shelving units (which are temporarily in a guest room) and reorganize the closet where the craft supplies currently reside. . . 

I started on Sunday night. This just some of the items from cupboard one. Somehow we have yet again accumulated an entire box of miscellaneous coffee cups to take to Goodwill. 

To make room, I am moving all my sandwich sets . . . somewhere. And here is just the inside of my spice cupboard. Because I jumped to another cupboard when the job got hard. 


I found this adorable little shelf at Michael's at 50% off which was only a little more than I wanted to spend in the first place. I am having a serious conversation with myself about spice hoarding. 


I did move one entire shelf from the pantry into my kitchen pantry cupboard. The items I was hoarding in this cupboard are now on the dining room table. 


I am declaring June as Emergency Grocery Items only month so we can eat what is in this cupboard and maybe start eating healthier in July. My pandemic mentality has got to stop. It's an Ode to Processed Food. 

Now the project is at a standstill as I am working 8 hours tomorrow at my church office, Wednesday is the nursery school picnic, then something I can't remember, Thursday is my monthly lunch with friends, then a fundraiser for a political candidate we support, then Friday we will have 5 grandchildren (I think, after we send two to school) since 2 out of 4 schools will be on summer break. We plan to take them to our amusement park for the day. Saturday our local drive in is showing G rated movies and the outing is going to end with (gasp) a cousin sleepover. 

Speaking of the amusement park, I had a free day and one child - so we took off for our first visit this year. 


I added a meal plan to my pass for the first time and we split this lunch. 


My daughter tried to get his nursery school event days off, but there were too many requests. She did get a random Monday and we took off for a nearby Amish community with nurseries. It was an adventure. Our favorite nursery family decided to move out west this past winter and left us stranded. After visiting three other nurseries, we discovered a fourth family farm with similar baskets and plants. Here is my granddaughter Vanna - who took a personal day with her mom. 

Her name is not really Vanna, but she makes a lovely model, doesn't she? 


She is very bendy. 



I am a happy person! 

And we have been eating well, although not from the pantry. 

A local business near us has welcomed a barbeque food truck to the neighborhood. 


And the ice cream stand at the end of my street introduced ice cream nachos. Please excuse my melting soft serve ice cream. 

And another play. 


Oh, and the new nursery gave her a free flower! 


And if this isn't living the good life, I don't know what is. 
Well, I got out of spending this evening working on the kitchen cupboards! Hope everyone has a great week. 

Oh, and please excuse the varying font sizes and margins. 10:18 pm.  I am over it. 











6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post so much. I love reading and seeing how much you enjoy your children and grandchildren and that they are such a huge part of your life. How fun to enjoy each day with them so much. The cupboards will wait. They won't go away. Unfortunately. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! New here but, love your blog. Fun!
    Have a super week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are crazy crazy busy! Do you ever take any downtime?
    You cabinets are so well organized. Mine...are not!
    I have boxes of dishes and cups out in the shed that I purged a long time ago. I may have to clean them up and take them to good will. If we haven't used them, how could we need them?

    It is coming to the end of May and wow, I can't believe how busy I have felt...but not anything like your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O MY! That ice cream looks delicious!! You have a very busy life is all I could say!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have your cupboards all neat and organized. I would be ashamed for you to see mine. You are one busy lady and are doing such good things. Darling granddaughter and oh yes, very bendy. Sweet grands you have and very fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go with cleaning and organizing! I know what you mean...every time I start a big project something comes up and it gets left....a big mess and sometimes I can't get back to it for weeks or even longer! You are such an amazing grandmother to your family. Me, I am boring. I grew up working and that's all I know. I don't enjoy the things most people enjoy. My definition of fun is accomplishing something. I guess I don't know how to have "fun".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry