Monday, August 31, 2026

One Minute You're Young, Hip and Carefree


 

I can't stop! 

I have begun peeling and chopping cucumbers for every meal, putting the pieces in my salad bowls and covering with ranch dressing. I miss salads! Mr Merry has replanted the lettuce crop with seeds and we will see how that fares. 

We still have plenty of green tomatoes




And they only grow this big. A very disappointing year for tomatoes at the Merry Homestead. 

3 comments:

  1. Your veggies are very photogenic. This year I planted only cherry tomatoes, they grow best for me. It is not very hot at my house, and tomatoes like hot. My favorite cherry tomatoe is Sun Gold, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure what's up with tomatoes this year either,I bought what I thought was Romas & they're not bigger than my thumb 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't grow tomatoes, but my son does and he's not having a good harvest either. He's told me that he's read that tomatoes are just not doing well this year - for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry