Wednesday, May 14, 2014

We are interrupting this blog

series featuring baby shower preparations to show you what happens when are not quite prepared . . ..
Announcing Baby "Seb" - Sebastian Scott was our surprise gift on Mother's Day!

His parents had the new carpet installed in the nursery on Wednesday. Mommy had a substitute teaching job on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Her mother-in-law (me) made her go to Mother's Day Tea Party on Saturday. After church on Sunday, mommy and daddy were headed two hours away to her mother's to pick up the changing table and dresser so that mommy could start washing clothes and putting the nursery together before she taught on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Also on the "to-do" list was packing her suitcase and deciding what was still needed.

UNTIL - 27 days before his due date  . . .

First Modeling Gig- outfit provided by our local hosptial's "Sweater Angels"
Mr. Merry was putting new brakes on Miss Merry's car so that they can attend a wedding in Tennessee at the end of the month. Mommy and daddy picked up Miss Merry for church, marched in, sat in the pew, mommy tapped daddy's shoulder and we all three stood up and marched out. A mere 4 1/2 hours later, Baby Seb made his appearance at 5 pounds 11 ounces.

Mommy and Baby are doing fine. Gramma and Grampa are recovering after a marathon of crib, pack n play, car seat, vibrating chair and swing construction, baby clothes washing, food preparation, house cleaning and shopping!

Mommy and baby are doing fine. Last night was the first night home and her mother was able to come and stay through the end of the week. I understand NO ONE got any sleep at all. This morning was the families first outing, back to the hospital for blood tests and a check up. Seb is a preemie (a very healthy preemie) but they are keeping an eye on his low blood sugar, weight loss and jaundice.

Fortunately we held the shower two weeks ago (it is just the preparation posts that are lagging). This Saturday is the "diaper party" so I am cleaning my kitchen in order to start preparing roasters full of brats and cheesy potatoes and bake about 6 batches of brownies.

It's a BOY!


16 comments:

  1. Adorable! The best made plans!! Congratulations on your new grandson! I had a new granddaughter in February so I can related WELL to all of the excitement and not being "ready"! Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious bundle of JOY! So tiny and sweet! Congratulations to everyone!
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's very cute. Congratulations. That knitted red sweater is adorable. He will need to grow a little to fit into it but the picture sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you all! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all! Good thing you aren't working any more huh?
    Take care,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so glad He is healthy :) He really doesn't look so tiny for a preemie in that knitted outfit.Congrats to all of You. I have a question.....I hope You get back with an answer. You look SO young in Your profile pic.Which one are You at the tea party ? I guessed but want to see if I'm right. Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your adorable little bundle of ♥. Sebastian will grow up in the blink of an eye; it's sad babies don't stay tiny just a tad bit longer.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new baby boy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is something wrong with My computer or is May the last time You posted ? I want to thank You for always visiting Me and leaving comments.Waiting for a new post Miss Mary :) Hugs and blessings Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my lord, what a gorgeous baby I want to hold him, lol! Congrats to parents and grandparents, such a blessing in the families!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to the Whole family :) A Beautiful Baby.WONDERFUL !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope all is well with you, Miss Merry, and with all your beautiful family. Just came by to thank you for the visit to LAWN TEA and for that wonderful "Condiment" story! And to hope that you were back from your break---we've missed you.

    Always lovely to have you drop in!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miss Mary : ) Thank You for dropping by My blog and Your kind comment to Me. I know I've asked this before but I forgot Your answer : / Do You still blog but on a different site ? This one I've notice You're not using.I would love to know where I can follow You once again. OX Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry