Monday, March 4, 2024

Missing in Action AGAIN

Still here - somewhere! 

I had some ideas and photos for posts. Maybe someday. 

I am still working on recipe contest entries for the contest for my goddaughter's farm. That might be a post, someday.

Grandkids keep having days off school - we had a cooking contest on President's Day. I took pictures!

The weather has been crazy. Today we were in the high 70's.  Our normal weather would be snow drifts. 

With 38 days before the wedding, the ladies of the family went shopping for a wedding dress - and found a gown on the rack that fit perfectly and doesn't even need a hem (hint: tea length). Today is day 31 days on the countdown.

It's 9 days until they sign papers selling one of their houses and papers buying a house together. Then we get to get the other old house ready to sell. 

Oh, and they have 10 days to move after that.  

During those 10 days we bought tickets to "Beauty and the Beast" at one high school and "Nemo" at another high school. 

Sunday I competed in the preschool's Chili Cook-Off. I did not win. 

Today I "early" voted in our state's primary election and I'm set to work the polls in two weeks. 

My best friend's second mastectomy (after chemo, a mastectomy and reconstruction five years ago) is scheduled tomorrow morning. 

Our small town is one of the best places to witness this very special solar eclipse that is happening on April 8. We have been officially warned about the expected crowds (at this point there is one bar renting parking spaces for the day for $75). And now we have out of town relatives making reservations to park at our house (it's free). My concern is if and when they will be able to depart, lol.  

Tonight I attended a preschool concert and art show. 

Another former co-worker passed away. My friend and neighbor Diane and I are now referring to ourselves as "funeral buddies" since we keep attending visitations and services together. 

Do I sound all over the place? Because I am all over the place!  Maybe I can get my act together soon.  Maybe.  Meanwhile, I enjoy reading everyone's blogs in the evenings. 

9 comments:

  1. Your life sounds crazy busy. And here I thought mine was but it doesn't even begin to compare to yours. Unless you count the stress of dealing with Mom. I made a doctors appt. for her and Dennis tomorrow morning. (They both have the same primary care doc.) Both have terrible coughs, although Mom's sounds worse. I'm concerned about pnemonia so I made them appointments and told them to go! I still have one too, but not nearly as bad.
    So cool to be able to see the eclipse from your house. I imagine your town will be overrun with people for sure. Never fear. We'll be here when you get a chance to blog again.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to keep us in the picture. Your diary can have very little space left free over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it. I am all over the place these days too. I will watch the eclipse from our place but it won't be total. However, that is fine with me. No crowds is good.

    You are a busy lady with so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, do you have a busy life going right now! You're not missing in action, you ARE the action. Enjoy the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how busy one can be... even in retirement. My days seem to fly by, but aren't half as busy as yours. We have relatives coming to stay for the Eclipse too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the Blog World. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot going on! I'm glad it sounds like it's mostly good stuff, but sorry you've been to so many funerals that you now have a funeral buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have so much going on in your life right now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry