Wednesday, April 3, 2024

It's Go Time

Thanks for the comments on my last post. Hubby's bursitis knee did not improve so I called and registered him as a new patient at my doctor's office (since he had not been to the doctor since the 1990's) and they got him right in. She was terrific, ordered everything from a colonoscopy to blood work to a scan of his chest (smoker). She also referred him to an orthopedist who got him in this coming Tuesday.  We got the blood work results yesterday and everything was perfect. Which greatly relieved him.  

I think he is of the belief that if you ignore a health issue, it will disappear.  I am trying to convince him (and so is his new doctor) that catching things early will make treating them easier. We will see how that goes. 

Meanwhile - wedding tomorrow! She did a final try-on of the dress yesterday and somehow now the straps are too long. I did the alterations this morning and hopefully we are ready to go. I have pizza ordered for a houseful of sons and grandsons while the ladies are getting hair done tomorrow, then I guess everyone is dressing in my tiny one bathroom house and heading to the venue.  


Friday morning anyone who spent the night is coming over for breakfast that I am making. Our town had a big restaurant that was closed due to family issues for a few years and just reopened. I called for breakfast reservations and they aren't going to start breakfast for two more weeks. So that makes me the chef.

I was sewing while she hit the craft store for last minute centerpiece flowers since Amazon said the order was delayed until Friday. After she got home, the order did arrive . . . 

Then a last minute dash for suspenders for the ring bearer.  I am excitedly looking forward to the weekend, LOL.   

Our town was featured on the news as the 16th best place in the country to view the eclipse. Once the wedding festivities end, I need to scrub my house for guests coming to view the darkness.  We waited until today to put gas in all our vehicles and it was too late. Prices rose 30 cents a gallon overnight. 

Laundry is calling my name!

Special prayers to my friend who is starting radiation treatments tomorrow and Debbie and her family  at https://debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com/   who are experiencing a challenging health situation. 

13 comments:

  1. I hope we get to see some breakfast photos from Chef Merry, and maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I have to admit I've got an admiration for your husband, holding out as long as he did. Please keep us updated, Miss Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm exhausted just reading this. You are a superwoman indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding photos. But...I hope you get a few minutes to rest this weekend before the new guests arrive.
    I'm so glad your Hubby went to the doctor. The 90's! He is so blessed that there is nothing serious showing up. That's a long time to ignore your health. Men! I'm sure mine wouldn't go either if I didn't make him go. Gotta love them though don't we?
    Make sure to get some rest my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sounding so calm, maybe it's more like a Swan gliding gracefully over the water whilst beneath the water it's a very different story. Hope all goes as planned and everyone has a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have an exciting weekend! The dress look lovely, congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of excitement in your world! Enjoy tomorrow and the weekend. Oh, glad the husband went to the dr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so busy and will deserve a long rest after the wedding and all your guests go home. Meanwhile we'll all be waiting for wedding pictures (once you've caught up on your test). God bless you all and a special blessing of a forever love to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see pictures of the wedding...Thanks so much for your prayers for Joe and our family and for mentioning us in this post!! It was greatly appreciated!! We need all the paryers we can get...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am so impressed. You are a very talented seamstress. And you have all this happening at the same time as the eclipse with everybody coming? Goodness gracious! And you're so calm! You are totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the wedding went well..You mentioned that you felt that it was cruel that Joe's illness happened right after the babies were born...On the contrary...Those babies came exactly when they were supposed to because it will be those babies and the pups that will bring joy into all our lives and will help us get through all of this....We all firmly believe that this is exactly the way it is supposed to be....Thanks again fr your prayers for our family...
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are busy in the best way. What a good way to start spring off. Enjoy the wedding and the company that comes with the disappearing sun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see that my first comment didn't post. As I said, the last wedding I attended was an outdoor one in 2014. It was beautiful. Time for another one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting, Weddings, I'm guessing it went well and you'll take us along vicariously with Blog Fodder of it? It can be stressful, but in a good way. As for your Man, they tend to be nervous about Doctors and potentially receiving Bad News. Good that so far Tests are coming back with Positive News.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry