Wednesday, October 9, 2024

 I am becoming a total wastrel. I was a dynamo when I was younger. My husband would leave for work at 5 am and I was left to get five children up, ready for school, make breakfasts and pack lunches, make sure they caught school buses. 

AND shower, do a hair do, put on real clothes, pack my own lunch, hopefully run a load of wash, and start the dryer, put dinner in a crock pot and get to work on time.  


I was also the girl scout leader, 4H advisor and Sunday School teacher.  

It makes me tired to write this. 



If there is nothing on my calendar these days, I will still be in my robe at 10:49 (thanks for the prompt, The Misadventures of Widowhood). Today is even worse because I COULD have gone somewhere. I was invited to a meeting at 9am concerning a new website that shares county resources to the needy. I even took a shower and plugged in my hair rollers. But my excuse was that I had so much too do at home today.  Yet, now it is 11:21 am and I am still drinking coffee and watching a reality show on foot surgery. This is just sad.  What a wastrel. 



Tonight I volunteered myself to help with a genealogy class in a neighboring city. I could get ready for that. I have financial paperwork I really really need to read and do something with.  I have sympathy and thank you notes that are overdue. Tomorrow at 9 I have a meeting of the Homeless Task Force and tomorrow after noon I sit in the church office and interview needy clients. Tomorrow night I need to be packed to travel two states away on Friday for a family funeral.  Laundry, that might be a good start. 



If there is one thing I am good at, it is frittering away time.  A week ago I got out my Autumn/Halloween decorations.  Most are falling out of boxes in my dining room. And my OCD Hoarder brain has decided the problem is that my storage boxes aren't clear so I have been googling prices in the area for clear boxes.  I did spend an entire day setting up my Cabinet of Curiosities (thank you Debbie-Dabble Blog for the idea) instead of clearing, dusting and vacuuming the dining room. 



And I did make the reservations for my Christmas getaway weekend which now has TEN participants for this year.  Another distraction since I will need to be searching for holiday accessories for the group at every dollar store in driving distance. 


Oh, and I voted this week. This was in the dentist office for the final appointment for my husband's million dollar tooth. We then went and voted, drove to a neighboring city where we went to four stores to find him a black belt and two more stores to find him a pair of more casual dress pants for calling hours.  Because he gave up soda and lost so much weight. And if you don't think this makes a non-soda drinker very angry, you are wrong. 



And now, instead of folding load one, I am whining about my own self on my own blog.  GET TO WORK MERRY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry