Monday, October 21, 2024

Monday

My week is off to a great start! How do you know when you are old? Could it be when you are so excited about a trip to the grocery store?


I had never been to a Trader Joe's. My local grocery choices are Aldi, Walmart and the local IGA.  My friend organized a field trip and we drove an hour and thirty minutes to a Trader Joe's. My first visit. The Pumpkin Brioche Twist will be breakfast tomorrow. 


My friend says the store gets very busy, so we went when it opened. I brought this home for lunch. 


And I bought this adorable pasta for a Halloween dinner we will be attending next week.  I can't wait for a return trip.

After I finished my delicious bisque, it was time for my volunteer church board meeting. We did some good, stuck our fingers in some financial dikes and I left feeling okay (sometimes I don't feel okay). 

I mentioned a few weeks ago that my son had been promoted to detective. Well, now he isn't the only detective in the family. I joined our library's Murder Mystery Monday True Crime Podcast Club and attended my first meeting. 

We had recently traveled out of state and I listened to all the required podcasts, made notes which I typed in to charts and graphs (because I am an official internet detective). Just call me Gladys Kravitz. 

Actually it was very interesting and there was a lively discussion with a group of about a dozen participants aged from teenagers to grammas like me!  I can't wait until next month and need to get started on my homework for our next "case". 

My poor husband finally got supper when I got home and we were just relaxing to the scanner when we heard our name! Our last name anyway. My son's ex-wife was driving with two of my grandsons when someone ran a stop sign and plowed into her.  Everyone is fine, the boys are a little scared, but the car had to be towed and it is not looking good.  But everyone got home safely and hopefully things will look better in the morning. 

Wow. That's just Monday!  Tomorrow I am starting a new volunteer position!  I was asked to be a judge in our town's "Halloween Home Decorating Contest".  I will be visiting nine homes on Tuesday and nine homes on Wednesday, after dark, and helping choose five winners in the categories: Scariest, Best Lights and Music, Best DIY, Best in Show and Best Business. 

My eight-year-old granddaughter is very excited to be serving as my assistant. I am thinking I will have to run to the dollar store tomorrow to get some judging accessories like scary headbands and light up necklaces.  I will be taking photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry