Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Earth Day Tablescape















For my Thursday Family Dinner, I choose an Earth Day/garden theme. I used a dark green tablecloth covered by a second, lace, tablecloth. My everyday Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose dishes lent their pastel florals and I coordinated marigolds in decorated peat pots as my favors. Just for fun - I am serving dirt pudding with gummi worms as dessert.

I purchased my dining room chairs at an auction last fall. I convinced my poor son to spend a freezing cold afternoon in a drizzling rain while we waited until the entire contents of a house were auctioned - the furniture last. There were so few hardy souls left by then, that I ended up with TWO truckloads of winnings to cart home!

I am new to tablescaping and new to blogging, too! I really enjoy looking at everyone's lovely tables and find them very inspiring.

9 comments:

  1. What a great theme. You did a nice job pulling it all together. I love the little flowers as favors.

    Hugs,,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little potted plants just topped it off. So cute. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and romantic. The counts the most.

    Happy TT...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The potted marigolds and "dirt" dessert add so much to your Earth Day table! I know your family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table and the dirt pudding--perfect for Earth Day! Can't wait to see what you got at the auction--good things come to those who wait!! Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty dining spot you have. This is a wonderful Earth Day table - love the potted marigolds - favors? or are you going to plant them -- either way - very cute! Thanks for your sweet visit - you're a welcome guest anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, your dining room with the nice table looks very cosy. The pooted margolds are a brillant idea.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and your tablecloth is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry