Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Groovy Groundhog's Day

For those who are unenlightened, one of my most favorite holidays of the year is February 2 - Groovy Ground Hog's Day!

At my former workplace, I talked my co-workers into quite the celebration. We would try to outdo ourselves with our creative recipes and more creative recipe titles. We would celebrate with See Your Shadow Pie and Sunshine Salad and even Chuck -olate Cheesecake. One of my co-workers and her husband had a hog farm, so our entree was always ground hog  (sausage). We would sign up with title only and try to surprise the others. The lone gentleman in the office would always choose shovels and pitchforks (silverware!).

My current workplace is mostly male. Although we have an occasional potluck; a celebration like this is more work than fun. I can't be let the holiday go by with nothing! Here is this year's entry - ready for public consumption on Thursday morning:
As you can tell, I baked late last night. What I am trying to show is a cupcake,
spread with chocolate frosting and liberally sprinkled with chocolate jimmies,
and a vanilla wafer groundhog with mini chocolate chip eyes popping out to see his shadow!

The one tray will be traveling to dinner at my son's tonight and the other will be a surprise for my co-workers. A surprise because I believe they are unaware of the impending holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Love those cupcakes!! And, you know if I was still working with you how much fun we would be having tomorrow. I miss all the good times.
    Have fun,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute ....creative --- and delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea for groundhog day. Wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry