Saturday, January 2, 2021

Christmas Leftovers

Cleaning out the phone camera today and I found my quintessential Christmas Photo. A table set for four with only two diners, each with a computer screen ready for zooming with grandchildren while using our phones to log into the games the ten year old twins created. I have artfully hidden the power strip behind the centerpiece made for me by my eight year old grandson. 
I tried to fancy it up as much as possible. 
I thought it might be fun on Christmas eve if Mr. Merry and myself played a taste testing game with these Christmas flavored seltzers. The first flavor was Gingerbread which my husband felt tasted like the inside of a garage. 

 Our next flavor was Cranberry.  Mr. Merry felt this one tasted like kerosene. We enjoyed sips of this beverage while watching "Who's the Boss" as part of our 1970/1980 Christmas Sitcom Marathon. 

I still have second cans of these flavors as well as two cans each of the Peppermint and Green Apple.  Personally I found these pretty flavorless but tolerable. We did not repeat this exercise for New Years Eve. We had an icy rain storm over night and I was sipping decaf tea to keep warm. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the descriptions by your husband! Your Christmas Table was beautiful! Happy new Year...we had cheese and crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice table and fun descriptions by your husband. We all had interesting holidays for Christms and New Years. I think zooming/facetime/wechat/messenger were used by pretty much every family this year.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting snow with ice today....Love your tablescape and those pretty dishes.... How about showcasing them in another post...A Winter tablescape?????
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas table setting that includes a laptop for zooming ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed by this! Lovely, delicious, festive, progressive, resourceful! A real Christmas inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like that table scape and that delicious looking shrimp cocktail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry