Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Presidents Day

Happy Presidents Day.  We celebrated here with a day off from babysitting duties of our grandchildren toddlers whose mothers are teachers. We replaced them with school aged grandsons whose mother is an office administrator. I decided to put them to work helping me rearrange and organize my Pandemic Pantry. I have heard there is a noodle and pasta shortage at area grocery stores. I have discovered the cause. It is me. 

I paid my helpers by buying them lunch at our local ice cream stand which opened during a blizzard last weekend. Today we reached 62 degrees and our snow has melted into slush, mud and puddles. Temperatures start dropping tomorrow and by Thursday night we might receive enough new snow fall to close schools on Friday. I have my fingers crossed that won't happen. Again. For the third week. 

I thought I would give an update on my holiday organizing project. It is still at a standstill. I have not had any days in row without children to work on it. It has also gone down the list after my toddlers started a new game last week. It is called dump out every toy box and kick all the toys under my furniture. We have discussed why this is a bad idea and how tired Mimi is of helping them pick up all the toys spread everywhere. And also how unhappy Mimi is that she cannot walk across the room without fear of tripping. The discussions did not detract from the game. I made it until Thursday when I put all but 4 toys in boxes and stacked the boxes in my spare room. I am now sorting toy boxes and making up boxes for Goodwill since no one seemed to miss the missing toys. Don't worry, I will be introducing some of them back when we decide we aren't going to dump out the boxes anymore. But we have more than enough toys for a small country.

So that's how we are keeping busy. Hope you all are having a good week! 

4 comments:

  1. I used to do the same thing with my sons! If they didn't pick up, I did and it went into a box and stashed away for 3 months. Then I would let them have it again and it was like they just found new toys.
    They eventually decided to pick up after missing most of their toys. How fun.
    Legos are painful to step on. And tiny matchbox cars were often found in boots.

    I sort of miss having little ones around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I would be so exhausted. I dearly love my grandchildren but I don't think I could keep up with toddlers these days. I used to have a home daycare for many years when our kids were small, so I know how exhausting it is.
    I think your toy idea is a good one. I used to do the same thing periodically. When I would bring out the new (old) toys, it was like Christmas. Then I would take the ones they had been playing with away. It worked great. Less toys and happy children!
    We have a ground blizzard going on today. Little snow, only a half inch or so but very high winds. I plan on staying inside all day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! I loved when our Grands were little! You can always put toys away and bring them out in a few weeks they will be new to them by then! Enjoy your weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! You made me laugh out loud when I read your comment about the pasta and noddle shortage being because of you!! LMAO!! I am right there with you!! Glad that you are enjoying seeing the dinners from the Reheat and Eat Meal Service. I do have to admit that they are leading us to be more adventurous in our eating choices. All our snow and ice melted and now we had an inch of sleet overnight...Winter is far from over here...I replied to your comment about the closure of our church on that post so check it off!! I just posted a Rudolph Day post so if you have a chance, check it out too!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry