Monday, July 3, 2023

Always Something

 I uploaded pictures. 

I finally posted part 1 of Gramma Camp

I cleaned off a table so I could scan some photos to make a book for my youngest daughter's 40th birthday. 

I sat down at the computer to transfer some photos from my phone. 

And my computer went dead. My new computer. My seven month old (one month past warranty) computer. 

I was too busy and angry to deal with it. 

I finally took it to a repair person who suggested I buy a new power cord. He did not charge me for the appointment. 

Amazon took 3 days to deliver my cord. We plugged it in, waited an hour. Nothing happened. 

Today I went back to the repair person. He plugged in the new cord. My computer is working. He did not charge me for today either. 

I am hoping to find time this week to post Part 2 of Gramma Camp. 

I know I am being terse. It has been a rough week. 

My husband's 93 year old mother is having a bad time and hospice is providing more pain relief. And one of my very best friends has had an avalanche of health issues (she is my friend who the wind blew over two months ago). She was released from the hospital and was going to sell her house and move out of state to live with her daughter. I was in mourning because I knew I would never see her again. Life has turned for her and she has entered Hospice. I am heartbroken and angry. 

7 comments:

  1. Awww sounds like lots of stress for you. So sorry. I know how emotionally draining caring for the elderly can be. We can never have too many good friends and it is really hard when they are ill. Sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly sorry for all the sorrow your bearing. I wish I could do something
    to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to know you are going to lose a dear friend. But good memories live on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry this is happening. I understand how it feels and then to have to deal with other issues like your computer at the same time? Uff. Hopefully you can de stress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, sweetie...you are having a really rough time. I'm so sorry. I will pray that things ease up for you and that you are able to cope with the sadness. I wish I could be there so we could sit and talk. I will email you my phone number in case you want to talk or share or rant to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your friend... I understand as a neighbor and good friend of mine passed away suddenly almost 2 years ago...She just did not wake up one morning ....She was not sick at all. I still can not get over it and I still go for that phone to call her...I was angry too so I do understand...Glad that your computer is working...Thanks once again for stopping by..I truly do appreciate it...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have good reason to be angry. Life can change so quickly, There's no good or easy way to loss a good friend or family member. On the good side it sounds like you found a great and honest computer repairman and that's nothing to take for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry