Day four did not start with the best news. Although the forecast did say the weather would clear for the concert. This was a lie, but more on that later.
It started to rain again so we just went back to the hotel.
We did end up going out for a late lunch at an Irish Pub near the hotel. They did not have a burger on the menu.
I can't believe I didn't take pictures, but Mr Merry had a Rueben sandwich he is still raving about. I had a cup of soup (of course). This time, clam chowder. Here is a picture of someone else's Rueben that I stole from the internet.
I ordered my dress from Temu. My concern was that it would run small. I did slip it on when it arrived and it was big enough. I should have explored further.
And before you ask, I am in love with my pink cowboy boots. I did get several compliments at the concert and I don't even care if they might have been snickering behind my back. Our server even said she had seen the boots coming down the trail to the venue and wondered who was wearing them. They are a very bright pink. To the horror of my family (who is kidding who, they know me) I think they will even look better with jeans this fall.
Part one of the concert adventure tomorrow. And that is my favorite NIGHT of the trip!

How fun! Those boots are awesome! I have some very old red ones that I just can't let go of even though they are cracked and in poor shape.
ReplyDeleteLove the dress and it sounds like this was a great adventure even if it didn't go the way you planned.
You celebrated with gusto! I have this on the sidebar of my blog and stand by it. "If you are going to flaunt fashion, do so brazenly and with no reservations. It is better to be boldly and definitively wrong than to be timid and tentatively right."
ReplyDeleteGahlashan
Oh Miss Merry - your life is full of adventure! I'm looking forward to hearing about this concert and the weather too.
ReplyDeletePS - You look cute in the dress and the boots!
Looking good and I love your boots!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice photo of you & Mr. Merry! And I am digging those pink cowboy go-go boots! You too make a nice couple... :^)
ReplyDeleteMiss Merry, I have always loved boots and wore them in college when I was in the Ag Dept.(my BS is in Animal Science). Interesting that you ordered your dress from Tamu... I've always been leary of that site... thinking the orders may not be delivered, but apparently I'm wrong. Your breakfasts look good... and very reasonable. DH usuaally orders a big breakfast... and I just order grits... and we share.
ReplyDeleteA pub didn't have a burger on the menu? The Mister is really branching out by geting the Reuben; glad it was good. LOVE the dress, and your hair is fine in the photo. Charming pink cowboy boots. You're taking after Taylor Swift. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteLove the dress AND the boots. I keep saying that if I ever get back to my goal weight I'm getting cowgirl boots. From my favorite store in Washington, just outside Spokane. A "real" western store. The food all looks delicious and I'm looking forward to hearing about the concert. And, of course, that picture of the two of you is GREAT!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
Love the boots, you two look great…especially the smiles! Keep celebrating! xo, Virginia
ReplyDeleteYou two look great. I love your dress and boots! That Reuben looks to die for!
ReplyDeleteYour dress is seriously cute! And I love your pink boots! Pink is a great color. We're allowed to paint our offices at work; mine is pink and I love it.
ReplyDeleteThose boots! You are always you! I love that. Whimsical, openhearted, generous, overflowing with good nature, quirky....so just the opposite of self conscious me. I love this about you.
ReplyDeleteAwww gee... You look wonderful, Miss Merry, and your other half too! We haven't been to a Bob Evans in such a long time and that meal has me salivating.
ReplyDelete