Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 15


My quarantine started on March 6, 2020. That day I fell in my kitchen while doing dishes. After a week in a chair of pillows with a splint, I had 3 hours of surgery which left me with a long plate and several screws in my left upper arm and a hospital stay.  I may have a low pain tolerance, but this experience has not been fun.

I am typing this with one finger. Thank goodness my husband has turned into a terrific uncertified nursing assistant. 

I enjoy reading blogs on my phone. easier to manage.

5 comments:

  1. What a shocking way to get such a serious arm injury, doing the dishes. Thank goodness your hubby is an attentive nurse for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Merry, I'm so glad to hear from you - been wondering how you are getting on. Terra is right - thank goodness for an attentive husband. Are you able to see your kids, or do they have to stay away because of the quarantine? I hope you are feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about you every day... Sending you socially-distanced hugs and right-there prayers that you feel better fast. I hope you don't have to go in to the doctor's office much... It is rewarding to know your hubby can be so supportive... These are uncomfortable and upsetting times enough without having this injury... Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no, Miss Merry! I just saw your comment on Far Side's blog and had to come on over to see how you are doing now. Glad you are recuperating, but yes, how difficult to have this happen right in the midst of quarantine. Or...maybe...how timely that the two coincided??? Hope you continue to stay healthy and gain back your strength!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry