Monday, March 30, 2020

March: In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb

I was thinking about the old March rhyme this morning. My March certainly came in like a roaring lion - pushing me down on my kitchen floor and twisty breaking my arm! Here is a photo from my first ever trip to the Emergency Room (with me as the patient). 
And here is what my miracle surgeon did to put it back together.  He was so young and so nice. I was randomly assigned to him, but during the week between the break and the surgery I received more messages to try to go with him. Didn't he piece me back together nicely!
I do get very frustrated about what I can do and what I can't do.  I have to admit that every day the pain is less and I do get a teeny tiny bit more of movement.  

I look at what I could be doing, the piles of genealogy papers, closets of crafts, a wall of books - but it has been a blessing to just sit in my chair and heal. 

I hope everyone is doing well, not too bored and able to appreciate our health and safety.  My March will go out as a lamb, very quiet without any grandchildren or visitors or meetings or friends. But grateful for what we do have. 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I am sure all your friends and readers are glad to know that you are healing nicely. Thanks heaven for the young surgeon. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job patching you up! Good to see you blog again! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your broken arm!!I can see why having your husband home has been a Cod send to you during this time...Thanks so much for all your visits ..Sorry I have not been by sooner but as you have read, I have been very busy!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for stopping by!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh those x-rays sure tell the tale, don't they? You will always remember the March of the pandemic for some really vivid reasons. I wish you could be with your grandchildren. I know they miss you, too. I think of you often and send you my very best wishes for healing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry