Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

Left column: 
My great great great grandmother Sarah
My great great grandmother Sarah
My great grandmother Mary Ellen
My grandmother Anne
Middle:
My great grandmother Wretha May
Me!
My lovely mother Lois
My oldest daughter and oldest granddaughter
My youngest daughter and youngest granddaughter
My great great grandmother Isabell
My great grandmother Maud
My great grandmother Mary Elizabeth
My grandmother Mary Loretta

Happy Mother's Day!

Edit: I don't know why I did not think to add this information. My great grandmother Mary Ellen died during the Influenza Epidemic in 1918 in Michigan, orphaning my grandmother Anne. 

My great grandmother Maud died during the Influenza Epidemic in 1918 in Ohio. I found a copy of her obituary which stated her father and brother could not attend her funeral due to their sickness. Her father, my great great mother Isabell's husband died a week later. My great grandfather had died a few years earlier of appendicitis, orphaning my paternal grandfather. He was raised by Isabell and later she made her home with him and his family. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! What a special group of ladies in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, aren't you blessed to have all those lovely photos! Happy Mother's Day!💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Wouldn't it be awesome to hear their stories?... the real ones! Think what they might do and feel during this pandemic. Maybe they experienced The Spanish Flu or the Polio episodes... I tried to see if I could spot the ones who were related but I was not that clever. (Shocker!) Happy Mother's Day 2020. I hope you got to see your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Mother's Day!! Great pictures and atory!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry