Tuesday, December 8, 2020

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Let's see who is smarter this week Will it be Miss Merry or the new Blogger? 
Santa is having a rough year. Perhaps you see the dollhouse behind Santa? Is it wrapped because of Covid? Or is it wrapped in plastic because of tiny fingers? Hmm. 
I decorated a few rooms. I had hidden some of my dollhouse Christmas decorations, apparently from myself. I am sure I will find them in January.
The dollhouse is a little rough. It was built in the 1970's by my father in law. It first went to my sister in law, then was her young daughter's toy. It came to me and the grandchildren can't stay away from it. It normally houses plastic furniture and we are waiting until they outgrow it until we restore it. 
Somehow the saran wrap that I wrapped around the house is still working as we enter week two! 
We loaded the car with grandchildren and went to visit a socially distance Santa. Our town normally has a big tree lighting event. This year it was a drive thru with reindeer (from a local reindeer farm), Elsa and Anna from Frozen, a church with carryout cocoa and an elf who transported your letter from the car window to Santa. My grandkids loved it!  
In previous years the city would truck in a huge tree, they would close Main Street and we did a countdown for lighting. This year the hospital donated a rooted live tree which was planted (and will grow) and it was lighted overnight. We went up with these two on a warm night in late November. 
The same night we went to see the tree, we stuck them in strollers and walked up and down both sides of the street to see the wonderful store windows all the businesses decorated this year. 
This is the first year that all the windows have been decorated and it was really wonderful. Someone asked me how many people were walking on that warm evening. We were the only family. 
I have at least 25 or 30 window photos, so I will stop now. 
It snowed. 
This guy needed a break from two baby brothers so we took him to look at a yard with an amazing model railroad and amusement park. The homeowner spent over 200 hours setting it all up. 
The small village just west of us has a factory now used as a very cool industrial furniture reclamation warehouse type business. Santa rents it for the month of December as an annex to his workshop. The elves on the opposite side of the building are animated! 
Since Christmas will be a zoom event this year, I did not need to put the leaves in my dining room table. This made room for my pink tree!  And I set the table with my pretty dishes since no one will really be sitting there. 

I haven't decided which plates to stick with yet. Perhaps I will iron some tablecloths, too. 
Aww, less wrinkled. 
One day I even baked bread. I told my four year old daughter "Look, Mimi can bake bread", she said "Mimi, don't you know grampa can just buy it at the grocery store?"

So that's what I have been up to. I guess I will press publish and see what size fonts appear! 


8 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can see where all the Christmas spirit has settled in! What a fun and delightful post. You have soooo much going on! I loved that little Santa and the doll house. I had to laugh about the saran wrap. It is a good idea. One time years ago my cousin knocked on Mom's door with her verrry young granddaughter. Both of them were crying their eyes out! It seems my cousin found a little box with items the granddaughter had slipped out of Mom's doll house and all kinds of sadness had happened ---- including that return and confession and apology. My mom wanted to give the things to her, but none of that was in the cards---- because a lesson had to happen. That little girl has grown into a wonderful, honest, and lovely teacher... so it must have worked! your tablescape and trees are beautiful. I love the idea of elves taking letters to Santa. I think grandchildren make the season even happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO impressed with everything in your post. It looks as though your town has really embraced the socially distanced Christmas we have to endure this year and made it wonderful. I love the windows, the animated elves in the factory, the hot cocoa. Well, I love everything! Your dollhouse is a busy place too. And two sets of Christmas dishes! My MIL has the same Christms tree ones and I always loved it when they were brought out on Christmas day. Thank you for brightening up my day with all of this.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did just fine with blogger!! Yeah!! Your table is beautiful, very fancy! I love the plates with the old red pickups! And a pink tree...there must be a story there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love window shopping at Christmas. Not too many stores built today to be able to do that. I do like visiting small towns with the old shops in the mountains. Love that doll house. Which makes me think I should have the grands decorate their doll house for Christmas. I like your table setting. I have not decorated mine as yet. Late this year on a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, for sure this time I wrote down your blog address and will get it on my new blog....I love your dollhouse and what a smart idea to put the saran wrap around it. So precious with the elves and all the little holiday accessories. I love the town tree and your grands are so cute. Your bread looks beautiful and so does your dining room. I've been looking at the Pioneer Woman Christmas plates which I need like a hole in the head! But I have never had a doll house or Christmas dinnerware so we'll see! LOL! Your town is very nice to decorate the stores like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Merry,
    Love the doll house!! And those windows in town are lovely!! What a nice idea to do!! Your pink tree is darling as is your pretty tablescape!!! I bought new Christmas dishes that I may not even use this year....Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you and your grand daughter liked the doll house post!! Glad to hear that it gave you some ideas for next year...I was thinking of either decorating the inside for Halloween next year along with the outside or doing a Halloween room in a box....Maybe I will do that...
    Thanks so much for hosting each week! I know how much time it takes so it is greatly appreciated!!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just realized that I accidently hit paste and thanked you for hosting a linky party!! Please ignore that!! I DO appreciate your visits and kind words!! Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry