Sunday, April 25, 2021

Freedom?

 Saturday, April 24 at 9:00 a.m. we hit the two week mark after our second vaccine.  I spent the day trying to convince my husband to go out to a restaurant for breakfast on Sunday, but he had so many horror stories that I ended up having a dining out nightmare on Saturday night. 

I thought I would slowly introduce him back into the world on Sunday with a drive thru Chicken BBQ at a local fire station. The line was four blocks long and when we got closer we could see three sets of two people, one taking the money, the other putting a post-it note on your windshield with numbers of dinners. Pretty slick except for the fact NOT ONE of them was wearing a mask. 

We pulled around the building where we could see about ten people in one of the bays boxing chicken dinners and putting them in bags. NOT ONE of the people preparing the dinners was wearing a mask, but they did all have gloves on. 

The two people running dinners to car windows were not wearing masks. 

Our county has a 28% vaccination rate. Our health department is hosting all day shot clinics and no one is attending. Those who do come for the vaccine were coming from other counties who had wait lists, but now those counties can take care of their own. 

I am not a happy camper. It is hard to make that giant step of trying to get back to normal when no one is willing to follow the rules.  My best friend lost her 40 year old nephew this week to Covid. He tested positive on a Tuesday, was admitted to the hospital a few days later, was put on a bi-pap, then transferred to a bigger hospital and put on a ventilator. He died 8 days after the test. He chose not to be vaccinated. 

Meanwhile, I watched our church service on Facebook on Saturday night. My daughter in law called me this morning to remind me my grandson was doing something special at mass at their church this morning so I went to their Facebook page and watched their mass. It took me until the end of the service to realize I was watching the Saturday night service so then I had to go to the Sunday service and watch that so that I could see my grandson.  Yes, that is right. I attended THREE complete church services this weekend. 

Our wacky weather is continuing after four inches of snow last Tuesday, a moderate week and now a forecast in the 80's by this Tuesday.  Mother Nature has lost her marbles! 

7 comments:

  1. I am not sure what happens in most restaurant kitchens anymore. We have not gone out to eat...just drive through and pick up where they were wearing masks...no idea about the cooks. WE have a number of anti vaxers in this area...some idiot said she wasn't getting it because it would change her DNA...idiots are real and live among us!
    Our lives haven't changed much except we can be free of masks outside when talking with relatives that have been vaccinated. I went into a Hardware Store last week...we are still picking up our grocery orders...oh and I went in the Butcher Shop where they all wear masks:) It is snowing here now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Merry,
    It is not as bad here..People are still wearing masks and most are getting vaccinated. I go to my family Dr. on Wed. and will see what he says in regards to if it is safe for me to get vaccinated . I have allergies and can not take a flu shot so I am concerned. My Son , Joey, was deathly ill after his which is common in those younger supposedly. But it was only for 48 hours and then he was okay. Yes. my neighbor was a nightmare and now that she is gone, all day on Sunday, her uncle was STILL taking bags of garbage out!!! Unreal! I too pray we get a decent neighbor after this nightmare....Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 92F here right now after a freeze warning Saturday night! It's crazy for sure. Not much is different here with the vaccine. People are just not getting vaccinated. There is so much bad press about it, but you know what? Every medication has the same type of side effects and people take them. The media needs to stop talking so much and just let people make up their own minds, if it's not too late.
    I'm so sorry about your friends nephew. The young ones all think they're immune to it and they are NOT!
    I'm glad you got your chicken dinner but sad that precautions weren't taken very well. I hope it tasted good!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you! I know people here are not wearing masks and the ones that got vaccinated feel like they can do anything now. Not me! I am still wearing 2 masks when I go out...one for me and one for the people that aren't wearing any. I still order my groceries and pick them up at Walmart. I did have to go in once for gardening stuff but I try not to go inside. I stay home but then I didn't go much before the pandemic.
    I'm so sorry about the young man but to chose NOT to get vaccinated is just plain idiotic! I cannot believe the amount of idiots we have in this country! What ever happened to logic and critical thinking? I'm sorry but the stupidity is embarrassing and so so sad. Evidently there are a lot of people who are more than willing to "drink the Koolaid".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again!!!
    Thanks so much for your visit and your kind words about my little patio!! I hope I do not have a reaction to the vaccine but I will plan on it and if not, it will be a pleasant surprise. I have the first shot scheduled for this coming Wednesday!! You simply can not imagine the condition of that house next door. We were in there again and our son Joe said it reminded him of a crack house that you see on TV . She just destroyed things like the toilet tanks being cracked in 2 and there were holes in the Kitchen cabinet drawers like she took a hammer to them.It was awful and very scary too! I hope you are having a nice weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by again!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a mix of smart and stupid here on the vaccination and the mask wearing. Although Seattle is heavily vaccinated, the suburb to the south where I live is a different story. Pretty good, but not 100%.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry