Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Summer's Here, Weather or Not We Are Ready For It


I had to do a quick post. Every time I open my page, I see a little boy in a winter hat. That was because it was the first of June. Now that it is two weeks later, our temperatures will be in the 100's the rest of the week. 

The brewery is open! Today we are steeping Red Raspberry and Green Tea. 

These temperatures were brought in by big storms last night Derecho Winds, I am told. They were loud! Lots of sideways rain, we had 2" in rain gauge in an hour. Lots of trees down, lots of wires down, lots of roads closed, lots of homes without power. But no one injured.  

The family health problems are all in a holding pattern. One of my daughter's doctors is off on an Alaskan cruise. Co-gramma is home for now. Friend is visiting Cleveland Clinic twice this week. 

It's almost Day Lily Time!!!

I do have a new problem that maybe some of you can help me with. I am going to a beach for four days. We will be parking the car for the day and all restaurants, activities and the beach are within walking distance.  I have a great chair that is awkward and weighty I would have to lug everywhere. I have been practicing sitting on the ground and I'm all good there. But I can't get up without holding on to something more substantial than my skinny little daughter, or granddaughter or baby grandson. Does anyone have a recommendation? I am just spitting ideas, but has anyone taken a folding cane to the beach? Or an even better idea?  I have prime so I can make a quick order, but hate to waste my money on things that won't help. 

I fought my husband about cutting these pink spireas back last year.
 He was right. They looked even better before the storm. 



11 comments:

  1. I get off the ground all funny like...hands on the ground in front of me, push butt into the air and walk my arms up until I am mostly upright. I bet you can find a small stool or maybe one of those rolling coolers to use as a seat or to help yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the front of your house. It looks so peaceful and cozy and the spirea looks great! Perfect size. I have a folding chair that I love too, but lugging it around isn't fun. I do have to use a can once in awhile. I just bought mine at Walmart and it works well when needed.
    We have awfully hot weather too. It's been over 100 for a few days now and to be in the upper 90's or 100's for the next 10 days. It was such a nice spring but summer heat and humidity have definitely attacked. Thank goodness for A/C. I do love the bottles of tea all lined up on the window sill. That is a summertime scene for sure.
    Stay cool my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the front of your home and those hanging baskets are lovely!! Also adore the rockers on your porch which is so charming!!! I wish i could send you some of those reheat and eat meals....They are really so good!! Storms and heat and humidity here too but in the low 70's with low humidity on the weekend!! Looking forward to it!!!
    Thanks so visiting and for your sweet words!!!
    I would never be able to get on the ground, let alone get up for the ground so good luck with your search!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a nice trip to look forward to. I would think maybe a walker would be better than a cane? More substantial. Your front yard is so very pretty. Looks like it probably takes lots of work to keep it so. Lots of luck on the trip and enjoy! Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought an aluminum, webbed, folding lawn chair at Wal-Mart several years ago for under $20. It's light weight, and we use it as a shower chair when we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting on the ground is fine if my husband is with me holding my hand helping me up. I like my folding chair for the beach. I keep it in the back of my car just in case. The new ones are so much lighter, and some have a top on them to shield from the sun. Your home is so pretty and those hanging baskets are so lush and colorful. Yep, summer is here that's for sure. .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so welcoming and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place you have. Just Wow!
    Getting up and down? Grab a sturdy kid! It does get awkward, but a lending hand may be easier than lugging something along?
    Your place is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it's sun tea season! I have no idea about the beach chair....I usually have to have my hands on the ground with my butt in the air and somehow get up from there but you're right...there's usually something to grab on to at home. Your front porch is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again for visiting all the time!! I truly appreciate it and all your kind words... I also enjoy hearing your stories...Your visit s always make me smile!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hanging baskets are truly amazing. Just looking at the front of your house puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry