Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Still Here

 Just letting you know I'm still here. 

October has been a whirlwind of grandchild activities ranging from the 10 days I spent out of town with teen grandkids to pediatrician visits with grandchildren with strep throat which ended with a two-hour ER visit for a child with a brand new penicillin allergy. Oh, and a bunch of kids went to state in various sports and contests. 

Our town had a Halloween decoration contest so we have been shuttling overnight guests in car seats to see the sights (with the windows rolled up for safety). 

Tomorrow night is our youngest grandchild's trunk or treat and we are decorating my SUV in a Grinch theme because I already have Grinch decorations. A pleasant surprise today when I looked in the box and found a Grinch costume I bought last spring on clearance for $10.  It's my husband's size and I am not sure he is as thrilled as the four year old. 

Tomorrow I attend my second election worker training for the election in November, our third election this year. I feel very well trained at this point and hope the people in state offices could keep the same procedures for a while so we don't have to keep being trained. 

The city is in a mad race to complete some major street projects on most of the streets that lead to my house before the asphalt plants close for the year. The main route on the way to my house has HUGE road closed signs and what I call a moat in the middle of the lanes. This has not stopped people from racing up my street and dragging their vehicles over it to cross the intersection. 

I had lunch today with my friend who is battling breast cancer for the second time. She is so positive and determined and I am so proud of her. She really is an inspiration.  

I'll leave you with this funny. So true, especially since I am trying to clear out closets holding years and years of craft supplies. 




6 comments:

  1. Hi Merry! It's good to see you post. It sounds as if life is so busy for you as always. Thank you for being willing to serve in the elections. I understand that it's difficult to find volunteers for working elections so I appreciate you being willing to serve that way.
    You're always so busy with your grandchildren. Aren't they wonderful? Our church's Trunk or Treat is next Sunday and it's supposed to snow. Ick! Today was 84F.
    Love the meme. I do try to find bargains, especially FB bargains.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about your happening again. It must have been scary with the penicillin allergy. TRunk or treat sounds like a great activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good quote at the end of your post which made me smile. You are very busy with all your grandchildren yet you still find time for voluntary work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that funny and it is a good one! Hobbies like Legos will make you go broke too! LOL!
    This after I was working on building a new stick house for my characters and decorating it with moss and potpourri!
    Crafts are fun though.

    I would love to see the Grinch!

    So glad to see you around.
    We just found out that the neighborhood kids which there are 6 of...will come down Sunday to Trick or Treat at our house. Hubby is looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for volunteering to be an election worker. I've been worried that good people will not be willing to step up this coming election.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I have no idea how you do it...I really do hope that your children appreciate all you do for them...We do not get Trick or Treaters anymore...only 1 last year... But I still decorated the outside of our house for Halloween because my family wanted me to!! The things we do, I guess!! Thanks so much for stopping by all the time and for your kind and encouraging comments!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry