Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thankful Thursday

I decided I needed to post more often, so here is a try from my phone while sitting in my office.  

I also decided I need to be more thankful!

I am thankful for my volunteer job and thankful for the businesses and individuals that make it possible.  One day a week I sit in my office, accept walk-in applications and interview clients who are facing financial difficulties with paying for housing and utilities.  

I am thankful that the street project in front of the office is nearing completion.  Today I had to walk 2 blocks, turn left and walk two blocks, cross the street and walk 6 blocks to the building because they are filling on lane in front of the building's driveway with 14" of asphalt.

I am thankful that my friend is handling her second round of breast cancer with such positivity, determination and spunk. She is a member of a literary guild and volunteered to host a vintage tea party this week. She is the Victorian woman on the left. The woman in the vest is her sister who is a breast cancer survivor.

Okay, adding a photo was a challenge. 

I am thankful that at this point in our lives we have too much food in our freezer. My grocery money went to the preschool can drive. 

I am thankful the health situation of a family member seems less critical than first thought. 

I'm thankful my grandchildren are happy and healthy.

 That's probably enough for now and I have convinced myself to return to posting from my laptop. Have a great weekend. 


8 comments:

  1. You certainly have some wonderful things to be thankful for, people included. I enjoyed reading this and you all look splendid, Miss Merry! 🙂👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much to be thankful for . . . if you listed everything it would take months, at least in my case. I have many friends my age that are on so much medication, me only vitamins, I have friends my age needing canes, walkers and wheel chairs, me I'm walking and dancing without the help of anything but the blessing of good health from my heavenly Father.
    All we have to do is look around us. Each night I think that somewhere there is a homeless woman my age sleeping in a cardboard box and I lift her up in prayer as I crawl into a warm quilted bed. Oh, the list goes on and on . . . we have a merciful and graceful God.
    Thank you for your sweet post and God bless you :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have much to be thankful for. Lovely photo. You stay very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo and the dress is fabulous! I'm glad your two friends are doing well. I love your thankful list. We all do indeed have a lot to be thankful for. Today mine includes a day of playing with our youngest granddaughter. It's such a blessing to have time with her. There is so much more. Food, warm shelter, love of family and safety, (for now), to name just a few. But I am MOST thankful for my Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally through this life of ups and downs.
    I hope your Friday is a fantastic one my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to be thankful for indeed!
    I love it that you are blogging more too, I am thankful for that!
    Those outfits are amazing and thank you for being a volunteer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago, I started keeping a Gratitude journal where I mark down 5 things that I am grateful for each day....On bad days, it can just be that I am grateful for the day to be over with... Thanks so much for all your visits...I have been rushing like crazy to get done with my decorating for Thanksgiving so i can sit back and relax...Thanks so much for stopping by as often as you do and for all your kind comments....I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your picture. Indeed so much to be thankful for! You are blessed. Your post has reminded me to count my many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I enjoyed reading your comment!!
    Yes, we should always be grateful for everything we experience! Even in situations that seem most normal to us.
    One of the things I thank God for is the possibility (still at 82 years old) that allows me to have the vision and hand to make some light paintings on porcelain...
    Holy Christmas, Miss Merry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry