Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Still Winter

Overnight Mother Nature blessed us with fourteen inches of fresh snow. It is enough to close us down, another blessing. I don't have to worry about my adult children driving to work or the poor school bus drivers trying to pick up grandchildren out of snowbanks.  My teacher daughters have an extra day to catch up on the in-person, virtual, zooming and whatever else they are trying to cram in. 

My dear sweet husband not only was out by 7 a.m. to start up the snow blower for our driveway and walk, he also worked on the elderly neighbor behind us, helped another neighbor do his driveway so he could get to his correction officer position, and cleared my favorite neighbor's drive and sidewalk and took her trash to the curb. I sent him one street over to a church friend whose husband was moved from a nursing home to the ER last night and is being transferred to a larger hospital today. She can't visit him at any of the facilities, but he did clear what he could in her stone drive and plowed a path to the trash so he could take it to the curb and her puppy could get out the backdoor. He is now spent for the day. Even a snow blower is hard to push that heavy snow. 

My prayers are with all the friends and families in the southern states who are not prepared for this winter storm. And also with all the necessary workers taking care of what needs to be done. I hope that Mother Nature takes a kinder action for the rest of winter! 

We were supposed to get a big storm again tomorrow night, but now I am hearing only three inches. I hope that guesstimate is true! 

4 comments:

  1. The weather is awful all over, how nice of your husband to help all your neighbors! What a guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow Sunday night and Monday and today was supposed to be sunny. We had another 5 inches of "sunshine"! Dennis used to do the same thing when we were in our house. He would do our driveway and sidewalk and the neighbors three car driveway. Then he would go up and down both sides of the street and do the sidewalks and and drives not cleaned yet. This was after working a 12 hour day. I used to do it before I broke my back snow-blowing three years ago. He has now banned me from the snow-blower! My feet went out from under me on a patch of ice and the snow blower fell on top of me. He was in Vancouver, BC on business for the night and I wanted to surprise him by having the snow all cleaned up when he got home. Instead I barely made it back in the house. Oh well, those things happen.
    Our temps are supposed to moderate by the weekend and hopefully will be above freezing so we can have running water again. I had to go to the laundromat today and that's NOT my favorite thing to do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. All that snow blowing: love in action.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry