Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Clarifying My Word of the Month

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments about my Word of the Month: Bedroom. There were a few things I left out of the post that some had questions about. 

We actually redecorated the bedroom almost two years ago. Since we have lived here 40 years with the flea market bedroom, it is still a new beautiful sight to wake up to every morning! I am still very grateful every time I see it. 

I can't share an "after" picture because we have had two grandchildren join the family since then and I have had to add a crib to the room to separate them for naps. However, I can't see the crib when I wake up in the morning, so it doesn't affect my line of vision. 

The other thing that doesn't affect my line of vision is the clutter on those shiny new shelves. I have the lower ones filled with things I don't want babies to touch and the top shelves filled with things that will break if the babies touch them. The clutter doesn't affect me in the morning because everything in a distance is just a lovely Monet painting until I put my glasses on. 

I am hoping that within two years the room can go back to what it looked like two years ago. 

We did not go with the pink barn doors for the closets. First, my husband despises the barn door trend in houses. I prove his point often in one of my children's homes where the door slides, but is not attached at the bottom. I always pull first before I remember to slide.  Second, I talked him into a pink dining room and he feels we have enough pink in the house. Third, I changed my mind the minute I made the board. We still have the mirrored sliding glass doors on the closet that I was so in love with in the 1980's. I would like double doors that open out into the room once we get rid of the crib that would block them from opening. 

I love doing "vision boards" and did not start this one until we ordered the furniture. Here is the vision board for my utility room which has been tacked up on the wall for a while now. I heard a rumor that we may be back to this project this spring. I have already made some changes in my mind, hence the photo of my pandemic pantry shelf with clothespins. 




2 comments:

  1. No one with children around can have picture perfect all of the time and have those children wnt to be there. I can understand why they come first. I love all of your ideas and enjoyed reading your answers to peoples questions. And another new room soon! Fun! I have so many decisions to make about our new/old house when we move that it overwhelms me. I am NOT a decorator with any stretch of the imagination.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your visions...I had one for the house...I threw it away some time ago it was all on a pine board...tile sample. countertop sample and the Roman Shades...it worked for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry