Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Bah Humbug

Yes, we have reached that point in December here at the Merry house.  The bedroom project has not progressed any further. I still haven't found the tabletop trees I purchased last February and have spent way too much time searching for them.  

I have realized that my entire family will be here to celebrate on Sunday (five days away) and I need to clean the entire house, make a menu plan, grocery shop and prepare. I did drag the tree out on Sunday and it is decorated pretty sadly.  

I reached the point where the rest of the decorations are going to be stuffed under a bed. 

But, I did get the dollhouse decorated.  This has led to me spending my spare time making plans for changes next year. I am not happy with the garland on the windows, so I spent one night looking at options which will be delivered Thursday from Amazon. Because I am spending all my time decorating the dollhouse instead of my house. 

The attic is a workshop


The second bedroom is a workshop too. I'm pretty sure this has been rearranged since I took the photo. 


Elf quarters in the hallway. 

Santa is resting up for the big day. Pillows have now been rearranged to see him better. 

A reindeer is in the den planning the route. 

The living room has become gift wrap central. 

Now we have a kitchen and a kitchen. After these photos were taken I found a gingerbread house! And there was no room on the table in the first kitchen. And, well, there needed to be changes. So the furniture got switched, as did the accessories. I finally had to walk away and will re-plan for next year. 



I did find a photo I took of the gingerbread house. Because, that is what I would do instead of trying to organize for the 19 vaccinated family members and 2 babies who will be here in five days. 

My oldest daughter is the Director of Student Services for the nursing department at her university. She is going crazy dealing with students and parents at the end of term, some failing and organizing her part in graduation ceremonies for others. She also has 3 tweens who are in numerous sports, music and other activities this week. I have two teachers who are not only trying to tame classrooms, but have to dress their own children in themes each day while trying to get it together for their own Christmas, dad's who are working overtime and trying to pitch in, I can't even keep up with any of it.  We still rise at 6 am so I can make breakfast for elementary grandkids who catch the bus at my house, keep putting ornaments back on the tree that the day long toddlers remove and, if I get off the computer, I am starting my grocery list. 

Merry Christmas. And I will stop whining and start praying again for those affected by the terrible storms this weekend. My problems are so petty compared to the devastation of those souls. 

10 comments:

  1. Your doll house is so cute! Crazy time of year. Years ago I gave up on shopping and just give cash, it made my life simpler as I am not a shopper. We will do some stocking stuffers...that will do. It is all exhausting for me. I just want to listen to the Christmas Story and sit quietly any more....getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dollhouse is just wonderful. It sure made me smile. This year we did much simpler gifts but it was still stressful. I think next year it will be one gift each. I will make them all. I don't want to be stressed because that's not what Christmas is supposed to be about.
    I don't know how you do everything you do. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I LOVE your sweet Christmas Elf House!!!How cute it is!! Just darling!! We give cash and gift cards as there are no kids in the family so that makes things so much easier....Thanks so much for staking the time to stop by and visit and for all your sweet words!!They re truly appreciated!! I do not know how you do everything you do!! You are truly amazing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... that dollhouse is amazing! I loved it... My mom had a dollhouse and it is in the unapproachable room... she had so many cute touches. You're a master with cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doll house is amazing and beautifully done. Love how you have the elves working on different projects...well, just all of it!
    All but two grand kids are in their late teens so they got money of course. But the other little ones are far away.
    Our Christmas will be with our pup and the mules.

    Sounds like you are going to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for stopping by for each and every post and taking the time to comment!! I truly appreciate it!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!
    stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop by and tell you Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats the sweetest dollhouse. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dollhouse is AMAZING!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry