Tuesday, May 3, 2022

As We Drift Across the Ocean

As we drift across the ocean, in my mind anyway, we are continuing to enjoy wonderful cruise menus nightly in the Queen's Lounge, located in my living room. 

I am a little behind so I will be sharing Monday and Tuesday night's meals. 

Monday night was the Red and Gold Gala on the Queen Mary 2. I was originally planning on formal dress, too. I then remembered I do not own anything Red or Gold and decided maybe I was carrying it a little too far, especially with my galley duties. 

We began the meal with a lovely Lobster Bisque. 

We then enjoyed Cannelloni with Crab and Asparagus served with Long Grain Rice and Roasted Vegetables. I used a Food Network recipe for the Cannelloni dish and I was not overly impressed. 


We finished the meal with Raspberry Tarts. 


Tuesday was  a very busy day with a Full English Breakfast Buffet (pictures tomorrow) with four grandchildren and a busy day in the galley with a 2 year old and a 3 year old "helping". 

We began our meal with an Artichoke and Gruyere Tart (thank you Aldi), with cocktails. 


Followed by Chicken Breast Francese, Creamed Potatoes and Grilled Gourgettes. I was trying this recipe for the first time and was very impressed.  I thought the chicken was delicious. My six year old granddaughter who joined our table in the Lounge, was not impressed when she saw the lemon on top. Luckily I had an extra piece of chicken that had not been dressed with the lemon cream sauce. 

We finished the meal with Warm Chocolate Cake with French Vanilla Ice Cream. After finishing her plated cake and ice cream, my granddaughter told me she can only eat ice cream in a cone so she had to have a second serving in a cone. 

I may have to reorganize my cooking and menu planning tomorrow. My oldest daughter had some surgery and we may be out of town with her on Thursday. I think I can move Wednesday's menu to Thursday and cook in the crock pot  so we may move Thursday's Chicken to Wednesday and have two chicken dinners in a row. 



5 comments:

  1. Sure hope your daughter will be okay after surgery. That is really cute about the ice cream cone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That warm Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream looks inviting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say a prayer for your daughter, that all will be well with the surgery. I smiled at your granddaughter's antics in joining in the lounge.
    I am also VERY impressed with all that you are doing to make this cruise a success. But you do know that the very heart of cruising is the relaxing and FUN you have. Please don't wear yourself out. Now, a serious question. Is there anything you would like from London? I can get it and send it to you when we get home. You've put so much work into your cruise, you should have something to reward your dedication. Just send me another comment or email.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! You have outdone yourself! Those dishes all look so delicious. I'm sure they were too but what a lot of work! The cruise is marvelous and your tables are beautiful. I wish I was there. I pray your daughter is okay or will be after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing!! everything looks fantastic and professionally done!! I am sure it tastes that way too!!! I just love what you are doing!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry