Wednesday, May 4, 2022

News From the Ship's Galley

I can't lie, it is a lot of work to prepare all this food for my pretend cruise on the Queen Mary 2!  I had put together some activities aboard my pretend ship such as a puzzle, books and a list of movies. I have decided that next week I will lounge and take the time to enjoy the cruise while eating frozen dinners or something. At this point it is becoming a marathon and, by gosh, I am not giving up! 

I prepared a full English Breakfast buffet for my school bus riders and their parents who drop them off. The kids favorite part was the selection of juices. 


I enjoyed the meal quite a lot, but I am not sure I want to get up an extra hour early every day to do all this cooking! 


I had to do a menu switcheroo which resulted in two nights in a row of chicken dishes. I actually multiplied this recipe to make enough for my daughter and her family, too. We are traveling up there in the morning.  

We began with our Mushroom Tart appetizers. 


Here is my version of Chicken Marsala with Whipped Potatoes and Asparagus. 


We finished with Crustless Apple Pie. 



Well, I think I have my ducks in a row for the appetizer and mains tomorrow but I just realized I better check on the dessert before bed. Whew. Those chefs have my admiration! 

7 comments:

  1. It all looks good especially the dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! You are simply amazing. Cooking is not my strong point. In fact I'd eat cereal and salads and nibble on veggies and fruits instead of cooking ... IF I could get away with it. This all looks amazing.
    And you present it so beautifully! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, everything looks so delicious. I was trying to pick just one thing that I liked but I couldn't. I think I would like it all. One of the things I had for the first time on this trip to England is leg of lamb. We had it at our DIL's parents home a few nights ago. It was wonderful. Then last night we had homemade pasta with meat sauce. Lamb mince was the meat instead of hamburger like we would typically use. It was great!
    I am glad to see that you're planning to take it a bit easier next week. WIshing you lots of fun in your planning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely takes a lot of work to prepare meals for so many people. Wish I had some of that crustless apple pie right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ate that much at breakfast, I'd be done for the day. I'm tired for you; but it sounds like you're having a good day. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  6. That breakfast looks so wonderful. How nice of you to treat your charges and their parents. They won the lottery when they got you for their children's caretaker! You are truly "wonder woman"! Your family and friends are so fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You are amazing me!! what fun though!!! everything looks spectacular!!! Thanks so much for always stopping by and leaving such encouraging comments!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry