Wednesday, September 13, 2023

September This and That

We are keeping busy at the House with the Picket Fence.

As you have had to hear about over and over, I broke my humerus in 2020.  Last Friday one of my co-grammas tripped at work and broker her humerus. She is waiting to see the surgeon, hopefully this week. And on Saturday morning one of my eight grandsons fell off the monkey bars. He was pacified by a frozen treat, but couldn't move his arm the next morning. You guessed it. Broken humerus. He is in a temporary cast from shoulder to fingertips and will see a pediatric orthopedist in 10 days unless there is a cancellation. 

Last January my husband was just nodding and not listening and gave his agreement to purchase concert tickets to a show in Shipshewana, Indiana last weekend. We left on Saturday morning, arrived for lunch, visited several shops and didn't buy anything. Put an Amish dinner in the motel frig, went to the concert and ate dinner at 11 pm.  Left after breakfast and were home before lunch time on Sunday.  We sure do know how to celebrate an anniversary.  

My best friend who beat breast cancer five years ago, is battling again. Our friend group took her to lunch today as she starts 12 weeks of once a week chemo tomorrow, then another 12 weeks with once every 3 weeks chemo and then surgery. I really don't think it is fair that she has to do this again and am pretty mad about it. And I admit it is helping me be less sad to be mad. 

Our youngest grandchildren (the four year olds) are back in preschool and loving every minute of it. And we have 2 hours to ourselves in the morning now after feeding the elementary kids and putting them on the bus and then driving to preschool.  

I am not allowed to talk about details, but I was asked to serve on a "fake jury" like in the movie "Runaway Jury" and the tv show "Bull". It was a very interesting experience and they even paid me for it.  Today they reached out about working with them further.  I wish I could tell you all about it! 

I am calling them "side gigs", but now I have two checks waiting to be cashed, the fake jury and my poll worker stipends and I have decided to start a fund to renovate my dollhouse.  By renovate, I mean travel to cute dollhouse stores and purchase materials and have my sweet husband serve as contractor.  

My fall decorations are officially out of the closets and laying all over the guest room.  I am hoping fairies arrive some evening and decorate the house while we are sleeping. 

And that is it for Mid-September! 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! There are lots of us September anniversaries out there. I enjoyed catching up with your doings for September. Ours have been a whirlwind as you know, but the last few days have slowed me down immensely. Still being under the weather with the crud I caught, (I'm sure on the plane), I'm enjoying the cooler days and nights and having windows and doors open to the breezes.
    Wishing you a wonderful Thursday my friend!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very busy busy! A friend of mine fell this spring and broke her humerus bone also. She apparently was dx'd with Osteoporosis and she was not happy! Too many broken bones!

    Cancer sucks and battling it once is difficult and a second time? Unthinkable.

    As for your gigs? Cool! I sure hope you show us what you are doing with your fall decorations and of course your doll house remodel!

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like fun to be on a fake jury! That is something I would like to do too! Sounds like a fun anniversary even if it was a short time away...Happy Anniversary! What ever will you do with those child free two hours every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to look up humerus but now I know! Ouch! Sorry to hear about your friend with the cancer recurring. Do you and your husband take care of the kids? Your anniversary celebration sounded so nice. Secret gigs? You are the most interesting grandma! I still have more decorations to put up. Yes, fairies would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fake jury sounds so interesting. I wish you could talk about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! Sorry about your grandson..and about your friend...Good for you making some money doing something that sounds pretty interesting..Thanks so much for stopping by again!! I hope you have a nice quiet weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to laugh when you said your husband without paying attention nodded agreement, they really aren't good at listening sometimes, are they....but then it can work in our favor. Hope you enjoyed the concert and mini get away. Happy Belated Anniversary. Sorry to hear about the double humerus problem. Geesh. Bet the grandson will heal quicker, seems kids bounce back better. I understand the being made, it's really not fair your friend has to endure this all again. Went through it with a friend a few years back, except for her; it was her third go round. Such a hideous disease. I wish her the best and am glad she's got a good support group to help her thought it. I do wish you could tell us about your fake jury thing...I'm trying to imagine it's purpose and coming up with zilch. I don't decorate for fall, in part it's because I try hard to pretend it isn't here. I hold onto Summer as long as possible, because I hate what comes after fall.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated anniversary. Sad to hear about your friend and wishing her all the best. Sorry to hear about your grandson, keep the treats coming and he will be fine, bless his heart. I just started putting a few things out. The leaves haven't even started changing here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like September has been very busy!

    I'm sorry to hear that your friend is battling cancer for a second time. That's great that she has supportive friends. I don't know if you you/she know about Chemo Angels, but it may be something that might help cheer her up while she goes through treatment. https://www.chemoangels.com/

    The fake jury thing sounds fun, and getting paid for it sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry