Day two dawned with sunshine instead of rain! I had found a very unique restaurant for breakfast and off we went.
Mike's Place is so cool! Mike basically collects everything. It would be like me if I had a large property, and unlimited budget and lots of time to go to flea markets and country auctions.
So happy it stopped raining.
We had breakfast with Elvis!
We could have ordered the Generic Ho Hum or Keep Mama Away From the Spuds or even the Belly Buster or the Mr Bilbo's Bogfest Benny, but we stuck to the All American Breakfast of Eggs, Hashbrowns, Kielbasa breakfast links and toast. We were having a late lunch and wanted a big breakfast. It was fabulous.
| The husband wanted you to see how much butter is on the toast. According to him, the correct amount of butter. |
We spent some time walking around the grounds.
It was 7:30 in the morning and there was a customer at the tiki bar.
Anyway, totally cool, highly recommend. The food is even better than the ambiance. Mike's Place, Kent, Ohio.
You may remember that our train tickets were cancelled the day before we left and I had to quickly book new seats.
I won't stay it was a busy day at the railroad, but this was our walk from the second overflow parking lot. The arrow is pointing to the depot. Luckily I made Mr Merry get us to the train station with plenty of time.
We each took a window. We had a two and a half hour ride forward and back. Our car conductor pointed out all the interesting sites and told us how quiet our car was. I thought that was nice. The car was airconditioned, the seats were comfortable and the ride was interesting! The train stopped at various stations where you could get off and on and even catch a later train back. There was a dining car that I heard serves hot dogs. We skipped that.
Lots of beautiful scenery. I thought I took a photo of the ski trail (open in the winter) but I can't find it.
We left our vehicle in the free parking lot and walked into town for lunch. We both ordered a patty melt (see the burger) and unfortunately rated them with a C+. The fries were delicious.
I would love to rotate this image but I am still learning my new laptop and haven't mastered this yet.
My grandchildren took a ride on the same railroad a few days later and were able to meet Santa (it was Christmas in July), talked their parents into hot dogs and got free t-shirts. I guess we planned our trip too early, lol.
We then returned to the hotel as it was getting humid and cloudy. We didn't feel like going out to eat so we watched House Hunters again and I had brought some cheese and crackers for dinner.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!