Saturday, July 4, 2026

Happy Fourth of July


 This is my aunt that I am named after, my mother and my Great Aunt Betty. They are standing in front of their house on Garden St. (Aunt Betty and my great grandmother lived with my grandparents at that time - which was around 1935). 

We will be spending July 4th in front of our air conditioner during our town's annual parade. We will then travel in our air conditioned vehicle across town to my daughter's house for my grandson's seventh birthday lunch. We will return home while the rest of the family gathers in a parking lot to watch the fireworks. 

I hope everyone stays cool this weekend. 

20 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Miss Merry! Enjoy your day and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand, Miss Merry. It is HOT! We just came in from being outside for our neighborhood 4th of July parade... and although we were out there for only about 10 minutes, couldn't wait to get back in to the A/C. Enjoy your 4th... but stay out of the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great photo! Happy Fourth of July 🇺🇸 Stay safe and have fun. Bestest wishes, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white dress shoes! And how many stars are on that flag? Happy fourth. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th of July, Miss Merry! I'm glad you're able to stay cool. I think I'll turn on the fan now and then the air conditioner. It's warm in Hawaii too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Merry, the photo is beautiful! Yes, it is terribly hot and humid here in Montreal as well!
    Happy 4th to you, dear friend. Please stay cool and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice old photo. Stay cool! We are resting:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not much fun being outside in these temperatures. Good to keep cool and enjoy the festivities from inside an air conditioned room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, I hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to have that AC. Our temps moderated on Saturday so standing under the shade of a big oak tree was very pleasant as we watched a local town parade yesterday. Grandaughters got way to much candy thrown their way but the free chocolate milk was enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a terrific holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful picture! I hope your 4th was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Merry, what a beautiful old photo to share.
    I hope the day was filled with laughter, good food, and plenty of cool air.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a precious Family Photo!!! Our 4th was Cooler than usual, brief respite from our very high temps that didn't last much past the 4th but it was sure nice to have it for the 3rd and the 4th and we really enjoyed Two Displays of Fireworks. The City of Glendale had their big display on the 3rd of July near our Home, coz we're on the Border of Three Large Cities that's boundaries converge/blend. And then our City big display at Phoenix International Raceway on the 4th of July. You could see some in the distance of many of the Metro Phoenix area Sister Cities, of which there are many making up this Metropolis, so you had lots of options for Two Days. They stagger it for Two Days usually coz we have over Five Million folks in the Metro area and traffic would become nightmarish if they all did it on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Merry, I'm confused about the photo. Are you one of those little ones? Are they your mom and aunt? Is the tall one Eleanor Roosevelt? I hope you enjoyed the holiday and all that cool air. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that old you crazy guy!!! The toddlers are my mother and her sister and they are standing with my grandfather's sister - their Aunt Betty! I did enjoy sitting in the ac at my daughter's house. Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  17. We also spent the holiday in the air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry