Thursday, July 7, 2022

Back From The Beach

 

The car before we picked up my oldest granddaughter and her bags. We used the third seat to stack suitcases, too. A car seat, a booster seat and a 12 year old were squeezed in the middle row.


The pool and hot tub area at the marina.


My oldest daughter and three oldest grandkids drove up for a day (and night, the house was huge). There was a pizza place right on the beach. 


The whitest white lady on her third day at the beach. Day One was fine, but despite sunscreen, I was getting pink on Day Two. Despite the temperature in the nineties, there was a nice breeze on the water (thank goodness). 


The chair, which is currently on sale at Walmart. It worked perfectly. There is a handle which doesn't help a short person lift it high enough from the ground. But I used it like a crutch or cane on the sand, gripping the arms of the chair. Folded, I could use the bottom squared legs to balance on the sand while walking. Great help getting up small hills of sand. I think I might still be maneuvering in the sand without it.  It was very sturdy and easy to rise from, too.  I saw a few other people my age with similar chairs and also some people my age eying my chair. 

One of the boutiques featured these "granny square fashions"



I think I remember something similar in my early 1970's Seventeen Magazines. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I like the bodice on the granny square dress but I am not sold on the sleeves:) But I know nothing of fashion! The chair looks like it worked well for you! I hope you had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a grand time at the beach. I know what you mean about being the whitest white lady. That's me too. I use tons of lotion and still burn. The chair looks like it worked a treat.
    Grannies seem to be all the rage again right now. I keep seeing them everywhere. They say fashion will come back if you wait long enough. :-)
    Thank you for your comment on my blog today. I admit that my patience was beginning to wear thin. Thank goodness for my Hubby. He has the patience of a saint. I just hope they follow through next week and get it installed on time.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair must be the 'bomb'! I recall granny squares in the '70's! Not sure if I am prepared for them to be stylish again though.
    Just like wondering if loud plaid huge bell bottoms would ever come back!
    ")
    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many similarities to you. Her discretion could almost be mine. Unfortunately, my husband 7 years ago went to God to watch over his family and I believe that he does!
    We have five children and nine grandchildren between the ages of 14 and 32, two of whom are already married. I also had and still have a very busy life like yours (I was a math teacher for 35 years) many manual interests and of course helping in the education of the grandchildren. . Before 2020 (with COVID 19) and now with the situation more relieved, together, those who can come, weekly dinners at my house with about 14 family members.
    About 15 years ago I started to paint on porcelain and this is the great occupation of my time.
    I started and will, with great interest to follow your blog.
    If you are interested you can see some of my work at https://asideiasdavoxinha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair was a great asset on the beach. Not too sure about those granny squares. They look very dated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time. The chair looks great for the beach and the price is right too. Those granny squares I am seeing quite often in stores now. I never was a fan even with covers for my bed. I did like some other 70's stuff like peasant blouses. We are hoping for a few days to Emerald Isle in Carolina. Need a get away. Enjoy your week end, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that car looks like it's ready for a trip to the beach! Granny squares, oh my, everything old is new again at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good trip and found a chair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry