This weather is our vacation theme. Every time we go on vacation, we find heavy rain - in New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana; we are the Rain Gods. When we left the house the sky was clear, very blue with a sprinkling of white cotton candy clouds. We only had to drive ninety minutes away. When the rain started it was blinding.
Luckily I am not the one driving. We got to the hotel and pulled under the portico and checked in. Unfortunately once we were inside, the wind picked up, almost bending trees. I wish I had taken photos but instead we sat on a couch and watched rain blowing into the thankfully closed back of our vehicle. Finally it let up and we were able to move into our room.
Not my first rodeo, I had packed umbrellas. We were able to make it back to the vehicle, drive to a restaurant and make it inside for a late supper.
Here is the haircut when rained on.
I guess I should mention that we decided during this trip that the theme evolved into eating. We mostly ate.
The first burger my husband ordered. He had a burger almost every meal, no matter where we went. There were other items on all the menus. He always orders the burger.
This restaurant is famous for it's mushroom brie soup. There is a location of the same restaurant near a fashion museum at a nearby university. I used to take my older 4H girls there on field trip and in those days you could order the soup in bread bowls. Not only was I wet, I was seated under the air conditioning vent. The soup was hot and delicious, served with pita bread.
We then returned to the hotel and watched episodes of House Hunters since the tv did not have any of our usual channels.
And that was the first night for these wild and crazy second honeymooners.
I love burgers and it used to drive my husband absolutely crazy.
ReplyDeleteYou guys! What a way to celebrate your anniversary!
Wonderful! That mushroom brie soup looks yummy.
ReplyDelete❤︎ Natalie
The Muse Photographs Blog and Instagram
I can relate to this weather theme! We've done that too, but later it's something to laugh about.
ReplyDeleteYour haircut is cute even in the rain.
Way to maintain a good attitude!
That weather looked fierce! But the Honeymooners looked good here and yum on that food. As much as I love burgers, man that mushroom soup looked good. 😋
ReplyDeleteCongrats on surviving the storm! Did it rain at your wedding, or the first honeymoon? Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteHope springs eternal! Hope the rain is gone. Still sending Happy Anniversary wishes. xo, Virginia
ReplyDeleteSoup, a burger and waiting out a rainstorm with the person you love best---one of the great felicities of FIFTY years, or anywhere in between. What a great start to a lovely trip---something so comforting to me about just rain or stormy weather when I know it's not my premises if there's damage. Says I, with the foundation crack in the basement that wets all the carpets every year or so.
ReplyDeleteOur Fortieth would have been the twelfth of this month. I love all your adventures, and am grateful for a lovely go-away trip for you and your Sweetie. Happy GOLDEN!!!
I had to laugh at your hubby always ordering a burger. We also almost always order the same thing at restaurants (and compare them). I always check out their coffee... and if it's a breakfast place, they have to have good grits. Anyway, sounds like you had a rainy day start... but still good.
ReplyDeleteHope wild and crazy gets more wild:)
ReplyDeleteWell, that's starting things off in an exciting way! I hate driving in the rain. That soup looks to die for. Mushroom/Brie -- fabulous combo!
ReplyDeleteThat is some crazy rain!
ReplyDeleteMy husband almost always orders a burger, too.