Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Shipboard Activities

I am gathering items to keep busy aboard my imaginary ship as I pretend to cruise on the Queen Mary 2 to England! I do wish I had started sooner but gosh knows how much more I might have spent if I did! 

I decided I needed a jigsaw puzzle. The one in my head was, of course, the actual Queen Mary 2. And to make it even more interesting, I was hoping that it was a cross section of the ship, sort of like peeking in a dollhouse! We would see the chefs in the kitchen, the lovely lounges and dining rooms, the decks and outdoor areas, the service areas with women getting hair styles and men doing whatever they do. And peeking inside the staterooms with all kinds of vignettes. 

This puzzle does not exist. But wouldn't it have been great? Does anyone know a puzzle maker? Well, too late now. I looked over several with an "English" theme since there was nothing in the "Cruise Ship" theme.  This is what I finally ended up with. 


*UPDATE* - later tonight I just happened to search cruise ship puzzles on Amazon and I think I might have found a puzzle similar to what I was looking for. But it is too late. I am sticking with what I got. Darn. 

I have to be honest about this book I found on Ebay. I plan to read the recipes and look at the lovely photos while i am sipping tea. 


I love "cozy" mysteries and I need to check, I might even have more coming from Ebay. I have never read any of the tv-based Jessica Fletcher books, so I will let you know how it goes. The middle book is more espionage so I will save it for last. I do have a couple other titles by Laura Levine and they are really cute and funny. I am looking forward to this one. 


I have been sick since last Friday with a stomach thing my grandkids were passing around. I finally feel better today, but I am so fair behind on decorating and everything else I planned. I did think I might try to go to the grocery store tomorrow; I was a little dizzy today since I hadn't eaten in a few days and most people will tell you I am dizzy already. But Mr. Merry has it now and also seems to be working on a monster cold. It making me a little nervous. None of the kids has had any respiratory symptoms and he has not left the house or been around anyone in weeks. So I might wait another day, we will see. I think I have enough bread and milk to squeeze out one more day.  

And I haven't made my elaborate grocery list yet either. I don't want to wait until the last minute since SS checks start depositing on Friday. I live in a town small enough that this does cause a rush at the grocery store. My original plan was to do basic shopping this past Sunday and make a run on Thursday to get any special items. I think my theme this week is the more forward the week goes, the more behinder I get.  

6 comments:

  1. So... you are joining the trip with Susan? What a wonderful idea. You do have the best ones ever!I hope the bugs leave you both alone and are not serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puzzle should be fun! You have a puzzle and books and hopefully time to put your feet up and enjoy the recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you mentioned the SS checks. I have to be careful too to pick my shopping day not to coincide with that! We had our boosters so hubby had a terrible day yesterday but is doing just fine as he can be now.
    I love what you are doing, you are creating fun for yourself in a most imaginative way!
    Hope you all feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food pictured there should taste amazing. Yum. I would love to dive into that, but I am not much of a cook.
    Neat puzzle too. But I love books most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say it but maybe you both should be tested for covid...People are once again testing positive left and right around here... I hope you all feel better soon because i can't wait to see how this all pans out!! Again, thanks so much for all your visits!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. The puzzle and books look awesome...what a great idea and the recipe book is very cool! It's amazing what you can find out there. I've been watching Murder She Wrote on Roku and was just wondering if there were books out there and now I know! Have a grand time and I hope you and your husband are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry