Monday, April 11, 2022

Disappearing Act

Just posting to let you know I am still here. 

Been a little busy around here in the gramma daycare business with an ill in-law grandparent so we have been having double trouble in the little boy department. Potty training is still an abysmal failure despite hours spent cajoling little boys in the bathroom. 

Every school system my school aged grandchildren attend has celebrated a spring break a different week so that I can stay on my toes planning day long activities for them. 

My husband's eighty year old aunt and her oldest daughter stopped by for a visit while traveling through our state, resulting in a massive cleaning and cooking marathon. (and packing my sorting project away yet again). His aunt had a pretty serious health crisis a few years ago and stopped by the Cleveland Clinic cardiology department for a check up that seemed to go well. 

My niece from Mississippi and my adorable great niece had a free weekend and a deal on plane tickets so more massive cleaning and clearing so we could host house guests for a few days. A few prayers for a pretty dramatic health issue here are needed, too. She was part of a trial at The Ohio State University a few weeks ago. She and her husband flew up but had to be in seclusion before and after the procedure. 

All this cleaning and cooking (Mr Merry still does not feel comfortable in restaurants) has exhausted me as evidenced in my two hour nap while sitting in a chair this afternoon. 

Since we include all my children, bonus children and grandchildren in these visits, I cook up a storm. The good news (for me) is that we can now feast on leftovers for days. 

10 comments:

  1. You are definitely keeping very busy. The only visitors we have is repairmen. :) Prayers for good health and outcomes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was worth it to see relatives! Hope you get back to your sorting! I encouraged the little grandboys to pee on trees outside, much to their Mothers horror...but it really helped to get them trained!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mr. hasn't gone to a restaurant in years. He won't go places where people see him carrying his 02 can. And I can say without a doubt that I am a terrible cook and I don't like baking much either. I can do it but have made easy brownies that are rock hard or mushy...among other things.

    It sounds like you are busier than a one-armed-wall-paper-hanger!
    I've got my fingers crossed for those with health issues. I sure hate to hear about those things.
    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure sounds like you've been a very busy lady. Your children are blessed to have you there to help out so much. Potty training is never very fun, especially if the child is stubborn. I had one of those!
    I hope things calm down for you very soon.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, busy you have been! Potty training, ugh! I wish I had half of your energy. Your family is so lucky to have you. My son was so stubborn when I potty trained him, he sprayed everywhere but the toilet. My grandson the same.
    We were gone four days with grand girls on Easter break (since been changed to spring break) I still say Easter. Anyhow, tired and ready to tackle yard stuff, my sister, her husband and giant lab decided they wanted to come to town. I didn't say a thing when they got a hotel this time. Too tired and we like staying in hotels when we go visit ourselves. We have eaten out a lot in the past few years as most of the time it's just two of us. Easter I will cook and anyone who wants are more than welcome to bring a dish.
    Praying all the best with health issues. Happy Easter, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo, I got tired just hearing about it, but I'm sure it was wonderful seeing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do it! You are a a true Super Woman or Wonder Woman or both rolled into one! I hope hubby helps you since he doesn't want to eat out. I don't like to eat out either but then there aren't any good places to eat out here. I'm sorry I have been a good visitor. I finally put my friends blogs listed on mine so I can get to them easier. I promise to be better! Hang in there and get your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew...I'm tired reading about your cleaning and cooking and glad you caught a few z's in the chair. You might need more of that. Hopefully you've earned some down time now without cooking and cleaning for so many.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Merry,
    You truly do amaze me with all you do my friend...Here it would have been Take Home dinners...I did cook a lot for Easter though and my kids did eat a lot!! Thanks for ALL your visits and especially for your kind words on my patio extension!! I have been doing that type of work for such a long time that it did actually do much faster than even I anticipated!!! Take a rest when you can even though I know that sometimes that is very hard for you to do...I hope your family appreciates all that you do for them and rewards you for your efforts!!! Happy Easter, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some catching up to do here I see!! sorry I have not been by sooner but you know from your visits that i have been super busy!!! I did chuckle when I read your comment that anything and everything is in your hutch!! LOL!! If I allowed myself, this house would be full of dishes but thankfully, i have learned to contain myself and my collections!! Thanks so much for all your visits...i will be stopping by your other new posts that I missed so no fear that i am stalking you!! Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry