Thursday, April 28, 2022

Afternoon Tea

Today I finally made it to the grocery store! I am purchasing from my list for the lovely dinners I have planned for my imaginary cruise with author Susan Branch on the Queen Mary 2! (Susan is actually traveling with her husband and about 100 Girlfriends on the real life Queen Mary 2 from New York to Southampton). 

The QM2 offers a traditional and elegant afternoon tea each afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30 where waiters in white gloves serve tea sandwiches, scones and lovely desserts in the Queens Room as part of your ticket price. We definitely don't want to leave out this very special experience from our cruise! 



I have found some great inexpensive trays at Dollar Tree and plan to make a variety of fillings for our crust less sandwiches. With time slipping away from me I will be purchasing scones and pastries. I did score a box of frozen Macaroons at Aldi. 

Me and my little captains will be moving tea time to 11:30 a.m. and enjoying our repast during episodes of Paw Patrol. 

I did discover that Kroger sells trays of tea sandwiches (order 24 hours in advance). However the nearest Kroger is two towns away and that store is not large enough to offer this service.  The Kroger nearest to my daughter's house which is one hour and 45 minutes one way does offer them, but I think it will be easier to just make the sandwiches myself! 

3 comments:

  1. If you do not want to stick to the precise menu for tea sandwiches, you could do cucumber ones, chicken and ham salad ones and use shaped cookie cutters to cut out the bread.The kids would love sandwiches in shapes!! How exciting!!! You are making me want to host a tea again!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guy is SO CUTE!!! How precious. You are so fortunate to have them so close by. I'm glad you're feeling better and that you were able to get to the store for all your groceries. You're going to have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie i would pick tea time with him anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry