Thursday, April 21, 2022

My Favorite Part is the Food

I am continuing my whirlwind planning for my virtual cruise on the QM2 from my living room (and dining room and kitchen).  

One of the things I was most looking forward to on my cruise was the food! Of course my first choice would have been to have catered meals, but that is not possible in my small town. Even picking up a nice meal at a restaurant means driving out of town and reheating when I get home. 

I visited several blogs, some cruise sites and even ordered a QE2 recipe book from eBay. I took into account what I had in my freezer, what I thought I could find at my grocery, what I thought I could cook and what I might even be able to find in the frozen food section. And, looking at my menus after I was finished, it looks like I took my tart pan into consideration. I see the word "tart" a lot.  

Here are my dinner plans for the week. I am planning to dress for each dinner, including the galas! I am not sure I have convinced my husband to honor the dress code yet. 

May 1, Sunday: Bon Voyage Dinner

Shrimp Cocktail Shooters

Steak Au Poivre

Chateau Potatoes

Steamed Spinach

Champagne

Chocolate Gateau

 May 2, Monday: Red and Gold Dinner

Lobster Bisque

Cannelloni of Crab and Asparagus

Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Quinoa

Red Raspberry Tart

 May 3, Tuesday

Spinach and Gruyere Tartlet

Chicken Breast Francese

Creamed Potatoes

Grilled Gourgettes

Warm Chocolate Cake with French  

    Vanilla Ice Cream

 May 4, Wednesday

Wedge Salad with Bacon and Cheese

Mustard Crested Loin of Pork

Boulangere Potatoes

Wilted Spinach

Roasted Pear with Cream

 

May 5, Thursday

Mushroom Tarts

Chicken Marsala

Long Grain Wild Rice

      with Roasted Vegetables

Apple Crumble

 May 6, Friday: Roaring 20’s Dinner

Capone Caprese Skewers

Prohibition Meatballs

Sidecar Spaghetti with

     Bootlegger Basil Tomato Sauce

Bees Knees Bruschetta

Fizzy Flapper Cosmopolitans

Great Gatsby Granita

May 7, Saturday

Tuna Tartlets with Lime and Cilantro

Berry Glazed Pork Chops

Pureed Potatoes with Parsley

Grilled Corn with Pimento Butter`

Champagne Mousse

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! You are going to be one busy lady. That's a LOT of cooking. I've been on a cruise before and although the food was good, I don't remember the fancy names. I'm not saying they didn't have them, I just don't remember them. To me, a steak is a steak. ha!
    Mushroom Tarts sound delicious to me. I love mushrooms in just about anything.
    Have fun planning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby might find the right thing to wear when he knows what's on the menu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is neat!
    However I'm not even sure what some of that food is, I will have to look it up. This is wonderful, you are so full of joy and so creative.
    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will be spending your trip in the galley! LOL! The menu sounds delicious but I bet your grocery bill was a big one. Will you be able to eat all that food? Is it just you and your husband? You are amazing and I am sure that you make life fun for all who have the pleasure of your company! Enjoy and Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More champagne! You must take photos and I hope you don't spend the entire cruise cooking:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, quite a menu. You'll be eating like a ... well, like a queen. Btw, what are prohibition meatballs? They sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. QE2? I must google to see what that is. You menu's sound fantastic. If you're doing all that work, hubby best dress appropriately. Hubby and I have a house rule that one must dress for cocktails. You can't slop around all day and come to cocktail hour dressed the same. We always shower and dress before hand. It seems to make the time a special event for us. Even in summer. He might have on nice shorts (like what you would wear to golf) and a nice collared shirt. Looking forward to pictures to follow for your events.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!! In the link I sent you in a previous comment. The Stegmaier Mansion chef copied the menu from the Titanic Tea form the actual menu...This is so fun!!! I will be sharing your posts about this on FB because i think this is a fantastic idea and something that i lot of people can apply to so many different things!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all this inspiration!!!!
    Hugs,
    deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments.

Miss Merry