Sunday, September 13, 2026

2026 Mimi Camp Day Three of Four

 About an hour away from us in a much bigger city is a play center for children and teens. The past few years we had bought a grandparents pass for both of us and any grandchildren under 18. We thought we had outgrown trips there since the kids were so busy with sports in the summer and they were all in regular school now. 

Not so fast. Day three was spent at the Buckeye Imagination Museum in Mansfield. After purchasing the annual pass again, all activities were free! 

I will start with lunch in the area provided, then the side trip to the candy store across the street (I gave them all $5 to spend on whatever they wanted) and then finish with activity photos.  It was a great trip. They all loved it. And they were all very tired by the end of the day. 


They have a place for coolers and tables and chairs. I packed a picnic for us which is much cheaper than fast food. 


Who ever decided to put a candy store across the street was a very smart person. 


I gave them all a $5 bill and stood at the register to cover the sales tax. One did get an ice cream cone and another got something not on the fill a box for $5 wall. 

Now to the fun and games. 



This is an escape room with lasers. 











5 comments:

  1. My gosh what a great looking place for kids! That rock climbing wall...haha wild, but what a great idea, loved seeing your kids on that! My God Miss Merry, I didn't realize you had 7 kids to manage? I honestly don't know how you do it... 🫢😙😉😊🥲🫣🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look at my blog's referrer list to find your blog, but here I am, finally!
    The candy shop across the street reminded me of my ex-husband's story about the little fast-food store that opened up in his seniors' compound/community of hundreds of homes. It went belly-up very soon. Then its owners pivoted to making it an ice cream shop, and suddenly they had more business than they knew what to do with! Doesn't it make perfect sense? Retirees aren't going to go out for fast food very often, but they'll sure as heck stroll over for an ice cream -- especially when the grandchildren visit.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I agree, that someone was very smart to put a candy store there - "location, location, location!" Also a $5 box is pretty smart.
    Love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a place! I have never seen such a diverse selection of activities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry