Thank you for all the kind words on my anniversary post. That was kind of a day without the comment feature working, wasn't it? I was sure I had uploaded my post wrong and then I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post comments either! Was I banned for bad behavior? Was it personal? Whew.
Now to the dinner. This is the resort where we went for our fancy Christmas when they offered Season of Joy weekends with foods, crafts, activities and musical performances. Unfortunately they were bought out last summer by Six Flags and they have discontinued the Season of Joy.
We are happy to report the restaurant has not changed.
Mr Handsome in his suit pursuing the menu. There is a water feature in the garden outside the window.
Oh look, I did take a picture of the view.
We thought about champagne but remember who we are. A peach cider for the lady and a Bud Lite for the gentleman.
For our appetizer we shared Lake Erie Walleye Cakes with red pepper, Spanish onion and lemon dill aioli. They were scrumptious. I would go back just to eat them again and again.
Mr Merry order the Veal Cutlet with garlic mashed potatoes, arugula, fennel, and a roasted tomato demi-glace. He said it was very good.
Mrs Merry had a hard time deciding but went with braised short rib over the garlic mashed potatoes with sugar snap peas, bell pepper, gremolata and braising ju. It was a good choice.
Although we were absolutely stuffed, we still ordered dessert. Mr Merry had his heart set on Key Lime Pie.
Mrs Merry went with a Peach Cobbler.
Our desserts came with this card with an handwritten note inside.
Ma and Pa then waddled to the room for the night.
The next morning we waddled to the breakfast room to eat even more food. The buffet is just as awesome as it was at Christmas.
The servers will make you waffles and bring them to your table. There is also an assortment of cereals and juices.
An array of fresh cut fruit.
A yogurt bar. I would love this in my kitchen each morning.
These chafing dishes hold scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, potatoes, sausage, bacon, grits, steel cut oats, mini quiches, and probably more things I have forgotten.
We sat by the coffee bar.
I know personally I ate more food in the past 24 hours than I would normally eat in a month. I will probably not weigh myself until at least Tuesday and pray for a miracle.
And tomorrow our children are hosting something. I told them it wasn't necessary (we just had a family dinner a few weeks ago for the family pictures. And I told them not to invite guests (we have interesting families and would like to keep it to just our children and grandchildren). I have just been told we have to dress up so I am a little worried. I wish they had not spent the money. And gosh knows we are not hungry, lol.
What a fun night and morning out for you! Looks like way too much food for older folks!
ReplyDelete